MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my 25 1.4il
2 weeks ago wish i never had list of faults ive discovered
kangaroos untill engine is warm and cuts out (coolant temp sensor on way)
brake pads down to bare metal have discs and pads caliper bolts are seized on cant remove them ggrrr
radio doesnt keep preset stations when i remove key
aircon doesnt work press button nothing happens
and cant get the heaters to blow warm air
cant check engine management paid a guy to stick handheld computer in to car to see what else and wont read once engine is started claims less than 10 v so shuts down
with engine of listed all 4 injectors faulty so reset ecu tried again this time crank sensor so tried again new fault again

im deterined to sort this nightmare but aaarrrggghhhh

guy mst have seen me coming a few miles of

rant over and expect mails regarding these faults once have sorted caliper issue

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the aircon is the one thats worrying me seems a few expensive parts but would be nice if the button worked so i could narrow it down a bit

·
Registered
198 Posts
the aircon is the one thats worrying me seems a few expensive parts but would be nice if the button worked so i could narrow it down a bit
It could just need regassing. The button will not do anything if the air conditioning system is not gassed. The heater also needs to be on at least position 2 for the air con to work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
have just been researching air con seems to nbe the resistor as only blows on 3 and 4 settings so will pop down to scrappy n way back from having caliper bolts beaten in to submition at mates garage (phew life saver) so may yet take back my wish i hadnt bit may turn out to be a good buy att his rate lots of probs but all seem cheap to sort

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
I'm rather worried about the heaters not blowing hot and the kangarooing....any water in the header tank?

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
1,580 Posts
Is the battery any good?

If it is not that would explain the radio not retaining its presets, and possibly the less than 10v issue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the heater seems to be a easy fix found a diy in diy forum couple of resistors seems a common fault the kangarooing have been advised coolant temperature sensor have just ordered from ford as only original parts available also have a punto so swapped battery but didnt seem to make a difference but bro is electrition so will get him down over weekend with his do hickey that checks voltages hope full just a wire some where

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no im dead paranoid about that cheack every couple of days to be sure lol but seems fine nice clean oil about the only thing the guy did before selling it

but my new spark plugs coked up within 2 days of fitting

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no only works on settings 3 and 4 but bloody freezing doesnt matter what i do with dials or how long ive been driving

·
Registered
13 Posts
what a nightmare mate bet you wish you never had it ,the aircon will need re-gasing my zs was like it when i brought it cost me 40 squid to hav it recharged you should normally hear a click when you switch it on ,what made you buy it anyway did you get it cheap or did you like it

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
no only works on settings 3 and 4 but bloody freezing doesnt matter what i do with dials or how long ive been driving

when you twist the heater dial from blue to red, does it feel flimsy or stiff, as my friends ( ie my old 200 which he has now ) the dial back snapped off so it would appear to be changing the temperature but it wasnt moving the big springy thing behind it,( & so temp stayed cold no matter where you put the dial ) you may not notice its slack if its always been like that while you ve had the car ( just a thought anyway )

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
theres no click when u try to turn on press the button the light does not come on and nothing happens didnt know all these probs when i bought it was assured new brakes and engine was warm so no kangarooing at the time didnt test aircon as it was freezing when i bought it to trusting by far but do like them especially the front end they just appeal to me will eventually be restored to former glory then ill be a happy bunny

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Well that's a problem that needs attention ASAP. Could simply be the cable that controls the valve has snapped or come adrift or possibly something a bit more sinister.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
when you twist the heater dial from blue to red, does it feel flimsy or stiff, as my friends ( ie my old 200 which he has now ) the dial back snapped off so it would appear to be changing the temperature but it wasnt moving the big springy thing behind it,( & so temp stayed cold no matter where you put the dial ) you may not notice its slack if its always been like that while you ve had the car ( just a thought anyway )

was broken but trip to scrappy sorted that

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well that's a problem that needs attention ASAP. Could simply be the cable that controls the valve has snapped or come adrift or possibly something a bit more sinister.

i was dreading you saying that is it worth me replacing the resistors in the glove box first to see if it helps (cheap fix)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts