MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can someone show me a pic of where the wire for the amps power comes through the bulkhead into the car. Also how many metres will i need to get to the boot?

Cheers Harry

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
To get to the boot, you'll probably need 6meters tops.

The cable can be bought in on the passenger side. There is a gromet just below the expansion bottle, where the main loom goes into the car. It can be pushed through there.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
I would think 4 meters would be enough, but I prefer to have a lot of extra cable tucked away just in case I want to move things around, need to re-terminate etc.

What i'd do is take a rough measurement of the route you will run it along, and then add a bit.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'd go for 5m just to be on the safe side.

I ran 5m through mine and have a fair bit spare but it depends where you put your amp. You might be hard pushed if you want it on the other side of the boot with only 4m.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not really bothered where it goes but ive spent all my money on the amp and sub so now im trying to save a bit on the install so 5 metres will definately be enough

·
Registered
254 Posts
Buy an amp fitting kit. Has all the correct wiring and fuses you need.

They cost from £10 upwards (depending on where you go and the core size of your Battery to Amp lead).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i would buy a fitting kit but i really need to do it tomoz as i dont have any time after that for about another week and i dont want to wait that long and the only place i know of to get a fitting kit for 10 quid is the internet unless anyone knows of a place somewhere in telford?

·
Registered
303 Posts
get ya self along to halfords and buy the fusion wireing kit that i belive was £35 when i got about 6months ago

is a great kit - comes with all you need and power cable is plenty long enough

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got a kit from a local car shop in the end and put all the cables in expecting the sub and amp to arrive by the time i got home but it hadnt. it did arrive this morning tho but i had to go to work so will connect it all up in a bit. Anyone got any tips on securing the sub enclosure in the boot?

Cheers Harry

·
Registered
mg_zt
162 Posts
Mike200SEi said:
To get to the boot, you'll probably need 6meters tops.

The cable can be bought in on the passenger side. There is a gromet just below the expansion bottle, where the main loom goes into the car. It can be pushed through there.
i found the grommet do i have to cut a hole in to it?? were abouts inside does it come through??

sorry for hi-jacking the thread

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yeah, I just shoved a bradall through then fed the wire through. If you take the glovebox out it makes it much easier to find the hole.

When I did mine, I pushed the bradall through, then left it in and felt around from the passenger side, to try and locate where the wire would be coming through. Then I fed the wire through the hole after removing the bradall.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
I wouldnt secure with velcro again, did it with some heavy duty stuff and it moved under heavy braking - I scoffed when I was told it would - i'd hate to think what it would be like in an accident! :err:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts