MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any body tell me who ownes this car its a pic from the meet ,would like to see a full pic and to know how much they cost as I have been toying with same idea finances allowing

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
I don't think the suit the car at all IMO.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
smokie999 said:
can any body tell me who ownes this car its a pic from the meet ,would like to see a full pic and to know how much they cost as I have been toying with same idea finances allowing
Scotty from 75 site http://www.r75.info/index.php?newlang=english I did ask him to mail me the name but I guess he must have forgotten.
Full Pic of car here
homepage.mac.com/mgzt180/Menu7.html
Scroll down to Beaulieu links at the bottom of the page I took 2 shots of the car.

Bit easier

MM

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I was just going to say something very similar but you got there first!:irked: :lol:

I love those wheels by the way, they look great.

Ken

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Nope, definately don't suit it IMO.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Ken75 said:
I was just going to say something very similar but you got there first!:irked: :lol:

I love those wheels by the way, they look great.

Ken
Totally agree with you ken, always have liked wires.

MM

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cleaning must be a labour of love, my 16" unions are bad enough!!

Looked unusual though, when I scrolled the pics my 7 year old had taken on my digi camera at Beulieu, one of them was of a wheel on this very car so must be cool.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Thinks I would like to know how they are constructed to allow tubeless tyres to be used?

Also would one need to ensure the tyre manufacturer/ your insurer were happy with the combination?

I am assuming they are of traditional construction and need to be trued by an expert on a regular basis?

Nice for occasional use but cleaning them would be a nightmare

Just the trip to Beaulieu and back had my previously completely clean Serpents covered in fine brake dust wire wheels like that would need cleaning almost every 100 miles

They were ok in the days of drum brakes tubed tyres and relatively low performance not sure if the are appropriate today

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Keith Alexander said:
Thinks I would like to know how they are constructed to allow tubeless tyres to be used?

Also would one need to ensure the tyre manufacturer/ your insurer were happy with the combination?

I am assuming they are of traditional construction and need to be trued by an expert on a regular basis?

Nice for occasional use but cleaning them would be a nightmare

Just the trip to Beaulieu and back had my previously completely clean Serpents covered in fine brake dust wire wheels like that would need cleaning almost every 100 miles

They were ok in the days of drum brakes tubed tyres and relatively low performance not sure if the are appropriate today
I think you will find that this type of wheel requires tubed tyres if you follow the link on my earlier post you will see.
http://www.mwsint.com/Our_wires.htm

MM

·
Registered
rover_75
65 Posts
Hi there,

you are right, the owner of this car is scotty.

The wheels are buit in USA, the company is called Dayton. It is the only company as far as we know that offers such wheels for the Rover 75. They are available in 16" or 15".
It is not so difficult to clean them because they are fully chromed and the manufactorer offers a special cleaning spray.
I'd written a message in your forum some months ago with the link to Dayton I think.

Regards

Gert
www.r75.info
www.clubseventyfive.org

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Gert said:
Hi there,

you are right, the owner of this car is scotty.

The wheels are buit in USA, the company is called Dayton. It is the only company as far as we know that offers such wheels for the Rover 75. They are available in 16" or 15".
It is not so difficult to clean them because they are fully chromed and the manufactorer offers a special cleaning spray.
I'd written a message in your forum some months ago with the link to Dayton I think.

Regards

Gert
www.r75.info
www.clubseventyfive.org
Thanks for getting back to us Gert, as you see they have started quite a conversation on here :)
Here is the URL http://www.daytonwirewheels.com/

Best regards

MM

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

at first my big sorry, but I really forgot to post the dealer and manufacture of
these wheels.

I bought them in Hamburg ( Germany ) by Morgan-Park, a distributor of Morgan
cars. This shop is also a distributor of Dayton-wheels, made in USA.
Here is the link to Morgan-Park:

http://www.morganpark.de/dayton/bolt-on/dayton_speichenraeder_bolt_on_rover.php

The price for 4 wheels included tubless tyres was about GBP 1850,--
I know, this is a lot of money, but really the best shoes for a 75 I think.
The work to clean them I do not speak about; you must do something
for beauty.

btw.: thanks for the nice meeting in Beaulieu. I enjoyed it very much. If it is
possible, I´d like to come again in September.

Best regards

hermes

·
Registered
320 Posts
They would look pimpin if there were at least 20", don't really like the 15" or whatever they are. Some of those others on Dayton wheels rocked though...

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
hermes said:
The price for 4 wheels included the tyres was about GBP 1850,--
I know, this is a lot of money,

Probably very expensive by comparison to what our cars are now worth but I assume not that expensive compared to buying a 75 when it was new or by comparison to the optional alloys that were available then, I think rimmer bros were quoting over £1K plus tyres for Serpents

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/pdf/mgrover/PA Guide R 75 Saloon May 05 2.pdf

1 - 20 of 20 Posts