MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a friend of mine who's managed to remove his R25 wing mirrors using 2 posts :lol:. How easy is it to bolt new wing mirrors on? A garage has quoted £100+, this seems really high. Would it be an easy job to get these parts from salvage and simply bolt them on. I've heard of people having problems whith aftermarket ones, would the same problems occur?

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
I've always taken the door panel off, but i suppose you could remove the plastic part with some judicious bending and jiggery-pokery.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've always taken the door panel off, but i suppose you could remove the plastic part with some judicious bending and jiggery-pokery.
Jiggery-Pokery? Always ends in swearing and gluing for me :lol: I thought it'd be a case of door panel off. Thanks for the help. All I need now is to track down some wing mirrors. Does anyone know the name of the light green for the R25?

·
Registered
238 Posts
"I've got a friend of mine who's managed to remove his R25 wing mirrors using 2 posts "

Aw what a briliant quote! Gave me a laugh...
I fixed one of my wing mirrors when the adjustor arm wasnt working. Didnt have to take door card off. 200 series though.
What have you heard about aftermarket ones? I was looking at getting a set.

·
Registered
153 Posts
"I've got a friend of mine who's managed to remove his R25 wing mirrors using 2 posts "

Aw what a briliant quote! Gave me a laugh...
I fixed one of my wing mirrors when the adjustor arm wasnt working. Didnt have to take door card off. 200 series though.
What have you heard about aftermarket ones? I was looking at getting a set.
how did you fix it? my n/s adjuster doesn't move the mirror much, won't point in enough.

·
Registered
mg_zs
462 Posts
Ive put after market m3 mirrors on my mg zr, fitted perfectly using the original seals, didnt remove door pannel either just loosened it off and they arent expensive either. £9.99 for base and £29.99 for the mirrors....

000_0219.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts