MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:drool:just fitted crome covers to my lovely 75 they look greattttttttttttttt. 5 min job. got them from xparts. great service.:beer2:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
actros said:
:drool:just fitted crome covers to my lovely 75 they look greattttttttttttttt. 5 min job. got them from xparts. great service.:beer2:
Ummm we are going to have to pay you to come to the future meets! :lol:

·
Banned
0 Posts
ive got them on mine too and they do look sooooo much better, however i was out and about today and a 75 was coming the other way and the sun was blaring off the chrome and was a bit blinding.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
I've had the chrome door mirrors on all of my 75's, and I think it finishes the car off perfectly.

Whoever signed off the specifications on Rover 75 Classic's with Black Door Mirror covers deserves to be shot in my opinion.

·
Registered
rover_75
69 Posts
I have chrome mirrors already fitted, but the nearside one has signs of water ingress under the chrome.

Does anyone know whether the casing can be changed for one of those in the online shop, and if so, which one?

It seems there are two types, and two very different prices.

Thanks

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have the only export Conn I know of WITHOUT chrome mirrors. It seems the new purchaser decided there was chrome overkill on the car and ordered that they be removed from spec. In the end, being Old English White the white mirrors actually suit, so I can see what he means. Body coloured mirrors were only on the Club and Classic models here. However I agree that on most colours. speciually silver and Royal Blue the Chrome mirrors look stunning.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Rollover said:
I have chrome mirrors already fitted, but the nearside one has signs of water ingress under the chrome.

Does anyone know whether the casing can be changed for one of those in the online shop, and if so, which one?

It seems there are two types, and two very different prices.

Thanks
Hi Rollover

There are two different types as the door mirror size and shape was changed mid way through the life of the 75.

The original design entailed replacing the entire mirror housing, whereas on the later model, it was more of a skull cap type design.

When was your 75 registered, and if you perhaps have a larger picture of your mirror, I will be able to direct you to the correct mirror purchase.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
rover_75
69 Posts
Hi IanRobertson,

The car was first registered on 31/5/2001.

I'll try and get a photo up later.

Looking closer at the two types on offer, mine look more like the cheaper ones. More rounded.
The dearer ones look more pointed, but could be the angle they were photographed at.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Does the chrome part encompass the entire mirror, or is just part of the mirror chromed, that looks like just a capping, with black edging?

·
Registered
rover_75
69 Posts
IanRobertson said:
Does the chrome part encompass the entire mirror, or is just part of the mirror chromed, that looks like just a capping, with black edging?
Hi Ian,

Sorry for the small photos
They have a black edging.

Does this help at all?

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
You have the original bullet mirrors. If you look at the two mirror types in the shop the one you need has got my name in the description above (don't ask)

But also note the price per mirror!! And then go look on ebay ;)

Mike :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rollover said:
Hi Ian

Sorry for the small photos
They have a black edging.

Does this help at all?
Ian there are two types if you go to the forum shop you can see both types.

·
Registered
rover_75
69 Posts
MikeM said:
You have the original bullet mirrors. If you look at the two mirror types in the shop the one you need has got my name in the description above (don't ask)

But also note the price per mirror!! And then go look on ebay ;)

Mike :)
I just knew it would be the expensive ones

Thanks everyone for your help. Off to Ebay I go.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just received these chrome mirrors from the online shop today for my '05 ZT - is there a certain knack to replacing these covers?

Actros above says they can be fitted in 5 minutes - I'd like to know how as my current ones are on really tight!

Cheers in advance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts