MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
problem with the electric wing mirror on my mg zr 04 will move it up and down but no left to right any help will be appreciated

p.s good to see some decent cars on the rover forum title banner at the moment ;)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
problem with the electric wing mirror on my mg zr 04 will move it up and down but no left to right any help will be appreciated

p.s good to see some decent cars on the rover forum title banner at the moment ;)

Does the other side move in all 4 directions ?
If no, then it is the dash control switch.
If yes, it is the mirror. There are little plastic arms that come from the motors.
these can break and are not replacable or the motor is NFG.
Does the glass wobble about when driving?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the other side works fine all ways and i have no idea how to get the glass of to check behind it any help?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
the other side works fine all ways and i have no idea how to get the glass of to check behind it any help?
The coloured 'backs' of the mirrors come of.... all be it with a LOT of patience & care. Its best to start from the bottom with a hard plastic/wood object (a knife/screwdriver will more than likely damage the miror housing). Time consuming but worth it! Once of you should be able to see if theres any damge. TBH it would be easier & prob not much more expensive to replace the mirror ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts