MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TF came equiped with MG windstop, but since last May that I bought my baby, it got dusty....Can anyone tell me how can I clean it??? wet cloth and all that doesn't do anything...and I have a sparkling clean car with dirty windstop......!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Perry

I would have thought a dustpan & brush from home or a vac cleaner would do it when dry. Once it has seen water the dust will probably become mud and get into the pores. Take the screen off (a few seconds) and take it in the shower for a good seeing to.

Never actually tried it myself. My mesh is 3 years old and looking OK.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sprinter said:
Perry

I would have thought a dustpan & brush from home or a vac cleaner would do it when dry. Once it has seen water the dust will probably become mud and get into the pores. Take the screen off (a few seconds) and take it in the shower for a good seeing to.

Never actually tried it myself. My mesh is 3 years old and looking OK.
Hey Sprinter, that was fast!!! thank you man!!!
Well, I made the mistake of doing it with wet cloth once and it got muddy...as you said.....so is it that easy to take it off???

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Perry

I've got the B&G mesh windstop and just 2x 11mm nuts (from memory) adjust the tension or remove it, leaving the fittings on the car.

If you have the MGR mesh then I'm sure you only need to undo a couple of bolts - ?? the ones that hold the stop to the blocks?

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
PERRY-MGTF said:
Hey Sprinter, that was fast!!! thank you man!!!
Well, I made the mistake of doing it with wet cloth once and it got muddy...as you said.....so is it that easy to take it off???
Perry, there should be a plastic wing type nut at either end, unscrew these and remove, the windstop will then just pull out.

SOG's dealing advice since 2005 ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I cleaned my MGR windstop with the dash/plastic cleaner. The filth on the windstop was unbelievable, it came up really well.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
petevick said:
Perry, there should be a plastic wing type nut at either end, unscrew these and remove, the windstop will then just pull out.

SOG's dealing advice since 2005 ;)
Thank you Pete!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Mr Vickerstaff ... meant to ask you at the waterman (but forgot, with all the excitment of the SV and Aston arriving ) ... what type of windstop is yours, because I'm pretty sure looking at it that it would fit ok with my X-power hoops ?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
When you come to put it back on, try reversing it first. This way it is slightly nearer to the headrests, and further away from the back screen when the hood is raised so it does not touch it. Mine regularly scratched the screen. It also stopped a squeek I had. Andy SF passed this tip on a while back.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Mr Vickerstaff ... meant to ask you at the waterman (but forgot, with all the excitment of the SV and Aston arriving ) ... what type of windstop is yours, because I'm pretty sure looking at it that it would fit ok with my X-power hoops ?
It is the standard MG one, and could be up for sale soon, just waiting for some prices from MS for MKII hoops and glass windstop, I'll let you know if your interested. I'm pretty sure it fits with your hoops, altho you won't be able to swing it back as it fits between hoops and headrest.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
petevick said:
It is the standard MG one, and could be up for sale soon, just waiting for some prices from MS for MKII hoops and glass windstop, I'll let you know if your interested. I'm pretty sure it fits with your hoops, altho you won't be able to swing it back as it fits between hoops and headrest.

... cheers Pete I may take you up on that... but I was thinking about a new Newton Commercial one, with grey leatherete (sp) surround and MG stencil in the middle.

... I think its Newton who do that... or I could have dreamed it... not sure anymore :cool:

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
... cheers Pete I may take you up on that... but I was thinking about a new Newton Commercial one, with grey leatherete (sp) surround and MG stencil in the middle.

... I think its Newton who do that... or I could have dreamed it... not sure anymore :cool:
I could be wrong here (it has been known), but I don't think the Newton Commercial one will fit with the X-Power hoops, the Newton Commercial fits to the back of the T bar, as do the X-Power hoops, or have I got this right round my najjers ??

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
petevick said:
I could be wrong here (it has been known), but I don't think the Newton Commercial one will fit with the X-Power hoops, the Newton Commercial fits to the back of the T bar, as do the X-Power hoops, or have I got this right round my najjers ??
My Newton screen brackets fit from the back of the t-bar but have not considered the option of x-power hoops. Worth speaking directly with Newton, or B&G who sell the same windstop and are also X-Power dealers.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts

yes, I saw a recent article in one of the MG mags showing the colour coded windstop with logo. Keep meaning to contact them to see if they can match Le Mans Green. The young (sounding) lady who ansers their phone has been very helpfull in the past.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts