1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
19,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdee peeps,

I know i dont post in this forum much but im after your help please :O

I had another crash recently, in my stunning MGF. Quite alot of damage unfortunatly, but one of our resident spanner monkeys is helping me fix her.

Anyway im babbling, i need a new windscreen anybody know any good companys? prices? any info that you could provide would be great.

thanks in advance peeps :minxy:

BTW scarlet your site has been very usefull thanks :beer:

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
19,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah unfortunatly not :( Ive had a qoute from autoglass at 296 fitted seems a bit step

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
John you probably know this already, but the windscreen is bonded in place and this helps to give structural rigidity in the event of the car flipping over. So, even if you do manage to get a cheap windscreen you'll probably need to go to one of the fitting shops to get it insatlled.

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Yeah, not a simple swap unfortunately. One of my mates works for AutoGlass and he hates doing F/TFs (which is odd as he used to own one! :lol: ) So much so he has refused to replace mine (stone chip) oout of hours and says i should claim on the insurance (i am just outside his work zone).

Glad the site came in handy. :)

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
John said:
but one of our resident spanner monkeys is helping me fix her.
that all i mean to you :(

and what you mean helping you fix her :confused:, you mean you buy the bits and i do the work :dddc:

hehe oh if you could see the front end now :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts