MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to try this detailing malachy and this may sound like a silly question but which products do i use for the windscreen.

I was going to:

1. Wash all the car
2. Use some megs clay on all of the windows, bodywork, wheels
3. Wash again
4. Polish just the bodywork
5. Sealant on the bodywork and windows?
6. Wax bodywork

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
One of the best things you can try on your windscreen is a Rain-Ex type product.

There is a maritime version called Rain Racer, which does a similar thing - means you don't have to use your wipers much in the rain as the water just beads off. http://www.rainracer.com/pb/index.htm A friend uses this on his cars, and says it only needs re-applying every 3 months or so.

Try Halfords etc for Rain-Ex.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
You have the right method, but don't put sealant on the windows. Claying the windsreen is a good idea. Follow by a wipe with methylated spirits, and they they will be absolutely crystal clear.

Rain-Ex type stuff is good if you can be bothered with it. I personally just keep my front and rear windows in good clean condition, and the water tends to bead off anyway. Tip is to keep your wipers clean too!:)

Don't forget to add some protection to your wheels after claying so the brake dust anf tar etc dont stick and ruin your hard work. I use Chemical Guys Wheel Guard and i would thoroughly recommend it.:)

Rich.

·
Registered
436 Posts
AG glass polish is really good stuff as is AG Fast Glass. I also use Rainx, seems to help but can be a bit smeary when using wipers on intermitent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts