MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noticed while washing my car yesterday, theres a bit of a gap down the seam of the windscreen...i actually seen 2 wee yellow things at the bottom where it meets the bonnet, but pushed the plastic back down and it clicked into place. is this normal?!

i heard someone mention the windscreens were not installed properly from manufacture? something to do with no rubber bits?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
noticed while washing my car yesterday, theres a bit of a gap down the seam of the windscreen...i actually seen 2 wee yellow things at the bottom where it meets the bonnet, but pushed the plastic back down and it clicked into place. is this normal?!

i heard someone mention the windscreens were not installed properly from manufacture? something to do with no rubber bits?
Excuse me, not installed properly ! WTF are you talking about ! Sounds as though the windscreen finishers havent been fitted properly or the screen has been replaced and some muppet from auto glass has not fitted them correctly after the new screen was put in !

I wont have anyone having a go at the standard of workmanship coming out of Longbridge !

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Excuse me, not installed properly ! WTF are you talking about ! Sounds as though the windscreen finishers havent been fitted properly or the screen has been replaced and some muppet from auto glass has not fitted them correctly after the new screen was put in !

I wont have anyone having a go at the standard of workmanship coming out of Longbridge !

Eh, ex tester, why are you having such a go at Gritbox. He is fairly new to the forums and has probably read the below post.

Give the guy a break.

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=184083&highlight=windscreen

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
exactly thats the post i read. how do i know if these spacers are there or not?i do think im hearing too much wind (thats even WITH my granny in thw car) haha

and tester...qe te follen tu madre! (or words to that effect!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts