MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my windscreen replaced a few months back. The people that did it made a right mess of the inside surround. I've tried scrubbing it etc but can't seem to get the dirt out. Infact the whole surround looks rather tired. can anyone suggest any way to clean it up. It is cream so shows up the dirt very well!! Another little point. My whole dash area is dark grey, yet MG placed a cream surround to the windscreen. Why did they do that? Black/grey seats, black/grey T-Bar, black/grey central cloumn, black carpet? Seems a little odd??

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
To stop the cabin feeling claustrophic when the hood is up (like just about every other convertable out there). :)

Can't help you with the cleaning tips as mine is always a bit grubby, but i can say that the MGTF has a black windscreen surround and they can be had quite cheaply from the MGF breakers.

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TBH I quite like the lighter colour and if I were to to anything I might make the dash the same colour, then I would have to do the central cloumn and so on and so on etc. I have seen different parts on Ebay at quite reasonable prices but there are so many things I would like to do with so little money!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
David, have you tried Swarfega?, scrub it in with a toothbrush or summat and leave it for 30 mins or so. Worth a try? Agree about screen surrounds, much preferred the "cream" one on my F to the present black on my TF,especially with the hardtop on.( but my wife thinks the opposite.Now isn't that strange?) What I would really like is an exterior screen surround in satin alloy, like the Audi cabrio', but there doesn't seem anything available.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
David.

You can buy a satin black plastic trim paint from `Halfrauds`, about £10, got some to paint the naff cream surround on my `F`, not got round to doing it yet but seen it done on another `F`, and looked good.

Only problem is the visors, or masking of should I say, although for what use they are may as well leave them off!!!.

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to both of you!! how wierd, two different posts at exactly the same time, I'll have a go with a toothbrush first and then see what it is like. thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts