MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an unprecedented amount of F's on my way back from the workshop today - i counted 10 in the space of 6 miles! Now i guess that because of the relatively cheap purchase price of F's now, they are becoming more popular (or common - depending on how you look at it) with buyers looking for cheap open top motoring, but what really stood out was that all but 2 of them had the hoods UP!!!! Bear in mind it was pleasantly sunny and warm this afternoon here and that adds up to an unacceptable amount of gayness in my opinion :lol:

Are they all ETJ do you think? :dddc::stir:

Might have to sell up if every Tom, Dick and Chavvy is going to buy one....... hehehe

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Lucky, I'm a Wiltshire Moonraker and now live just across the county boundary in Gillingham...and I was out topless (ooooooooerrrrr) in patchy fog last night after midnight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not all Moonrakers drive with the hood up - I reckon that you may have just encountered the WWWKOHUC having a monthly run - the We're Wusses, We Keep Our Hoods Up Crew...

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
I've seen some F/TFs round here with hard tops on!! I saw a Z3 and an MX5 yesterday, both with HTs!

I do wonder about these people that buy a convertable only the keep a fixed roof on it! Sell it!! Let somone else enjoy the toplessness!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Passed just the one F as I drove to work topless this morning, nearly went in the ditch when I realised it had a hard top on.

There's another silver F in the factory car park here, don't know whose it is, but it's still got it's hard top on - why bother with a convertible if you can get through the glorious weather we had in April without removing the top?(and yes it did have the top on all April). :dunno:

I bought Tina in January and have hardly driven her in the dry with the hood up, I thought it was meant just to keep the rain out when you park. Got a soaking last night on the A14 when a shower hit me, no photos though!

Martin

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
There's another silver F in the factory car park here, don't know whose it is, but it's still got it's hard top on - why bother with a convertible if you can get through the glorious weather we had in April without removing the top?(and yes it did have the top on all April). :dunno:
Leave a note on their windscreen saying "You do realise your roof can come off?" ;)

Maybe they really want to take the HT off, but have no space for it. :dunno:

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Maybe there are some owners out there who bought the F/TF with the hard top on, thought it was a coupe and don't know that there is a soft-top hiding underneath!!! You never know.... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts