MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will they sell the cars off cheap? i wanna zs 180, im such a scab, they go bust, i wanna cheap car!

R.I.P Rover :(

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
105 Posts
PorKa200Is said:
will they sell the cars off cheap? i wanna zs 180, im such a scab, they go bust, i wanna cheap car!

R.I.P Rover :(
How crass and ill-advised - both your comment and the picture in the sig...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just wanna know if the stock will go cheap, thats not a bad thing to ask, whats happened has happened its bad i know, where is my nearest dealer?? I'm off to the show room.

·
Registered
rover_45
310 Posts
PorKa200Is said:
i just wanna know if the stock will go cheap, thats not a bad thing to ask, whats happened has happened its bad i know, where is my nearest dealer?? I'm off to the show room.
Have some respect. I know noone's died but several, possibly tens of thousands of people are now facing a severely uncertain future. it is not the time to go racing down to the showroon to try and get a bit knocked off. Just remember, some of the dealers are facing an uncertain time too and many of them will have stuck with MGR through thick and thin. Grow up.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Simple answer is NO they wont. If you think logically the dealers own the cars they have. If they sell them cheap there will be no money for them in the dealer. I myself have an uncertain future at th mo but I do think you are a bit selfish and should be ashamed of yourself.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dont blame me, blame labour and our great economy. i asked a question that is all, i have already said i know its bad what has happened but i cant do anything about it!

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
i dont think he shoudl be ashamed of himself at all, everyone wants something that little bit cheaper if they can get it. i just think he needs to pick his moment a little better.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you, what i said wasnt immature either, ill timed i agree, stop being so sensitive. If it effects you personally im sorry it is a tragedy and i hope it gets sorted.

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,240 Posts
Often dealers don't own the stock, so they can only sell it under agreement from MGR over price etc. Basically, if they sell it the must pay MGR X-Amount...

With the current situation, they'll have to clarify if they can sell them, as they don't own the cars to sell....

I doubt they'll be many people buying them today somehow...

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
That is true some dealers do not own the stock. But most big dealers that cover a few marques do own the stock. Most of the single franchise dealers do not own the stock. Either way we had 16 people come today to pick up there brand new Rover's and MG's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts