MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there , bit of a n00b here so please excuse me:iwstupid:

just a quick question, i have an R registration Rover 200 Bubble shape, and am realy interested in getting some new alloys and basically the question is.... Will a set of 17s ,, preferrably these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72254&item=7965482786&rd=1

fit on my car without any modifications or will work need to be done to allow them to fit? If so how hard is this to accomplish and how much are we looking at for a garage to do it for me :minxy:

cheers for any help

tommi

·
Registered
174 Posts
Think they'll fit right away..

Though the Offset is a bit High.. 37-40 is about usual, but I don't think 45 will give you any problems, as it's only 7J wide..

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes these wheels will fit your car, only problem is that the offset of 45 might be a bit wide if you ever want to lower the car or if the car is already lowered then you may find they will rub the arches unless someone can say if they have fitted a set of 45 offset on a lowered car???

To overcome this you will need the wheel arch lips rolled in, think ripspeed/helfords were doing arch rolling for approx £35 per arch.

But to answer your question yes they will fit the hubs that the wheels bolt onto.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
17s on 200

I've got standard Rover 17s on my ZR (Streetwise SE) and they are ET45, the 16" hairpins I took off were also.

You need to check the size of the centre bore of the wheel as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts