MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just come out to start the ZT. There was a dull thump as I turned the key and it wouldn't start. It turns over but doesn't fire. Think the dreaded fuel pump problem has happened. Annoying thing is I'm just in the process of selling it. I've had two years of faultless motoring and this happens. Strange thing is this one fault has knocked my confidence in the car. Only bright side is my local dealer is coming ouit free of charge to recover it. :irked:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There seemed to be plenty of life in the battery and the car had only been stood for four hours. At least I was at home and not in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, got the car back and it was apparently a sender unit in the fuel tank. (or something like that.) It took them an hour to fix once the part arrived. So the car developed the fault friday afternoon, Three Counties Rover recovered it for free, (service dept closed for the weekend), fixed it monday am. Can anyone beat that for service.

·
Registered
430 Posts
All cars have faults, good service can turn this negative into a positive. Well done 3-counties.

Glad to see its sorted.

AL

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After test driving many cars. I decided only a ZT-T diesel would do. However, for obvious reasons, it's all on hold until the fog clears.

·
Registered
836 Posts
MLC said:
Just come out to start the ZT. There was a dull thump as I turned the key and it wouldn't start. It turns over but doesn't fire. Think the dreaded fuel pump problem has happened. Annoying thing is I'm just in the process of selling it. I've had two years of faultless motoring and this happens. Strange thing is this one fault has knocked my confidence in the car. Only bright side is my local dealer is coming ouit free of charge to recover it. :irked:

:mad: Thats what happened to mine last night... Left it for a few hours at a friends went to go home.. NOTHING.. Turns over but won't fire...

RAC attened and the computer shows no fault...

Towed to MGR this morning.. they have not had time to look at it... :devil2:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Big GT,

You may have a 'dead cell' on your battery, basically what MikeM is saying. I have had this 2x on different (non-MG) cars, and there is enough juice to power the lights etc, but not enough to turn the motor - worth checking, and happens suddenly with no warning. Your MG gararge will do that for you. Good luck for a small invoice!

·
Registered
836 Posts
:wtf: Ok..

Think i got a close call with the warranty on my ZT...

Car is fixed and running great...

Loose wire on the N/S fuel Pump.. All fixed ......

Only problem now is that they reset the Computer and now my trip is saying that i have 15000 miles to go till the service..

Before it went in i only had 9000 to go..

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Glad you got it done OK. As you say a close call.......................bugger about the service counter-I hope you can do takeaways ;)

Regards

mike

·
Registered
836 Posts
MikeM said:
Glad you got it done OK. As you say a close call.......................bugger about the service counter-I hope you can do takeaways ;)

Regards

mike

Just noticed something else about the Service Indicator...

It is saying " inspection " now instead of " Oil Service " :spanner: :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts