MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of us only visit the MGF/TF part of the forum and almost never the rest...if MG goes bust then it is really relevant to us....

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
but its relevant to everyone else on the forum too, so it shoudl be placed accordlingy! i would of thought that any questions you have would of already been answered in the threads that are in the appropriate section!

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
this is the f/tf section of the forum.

as hard as it may be for a few ppl to grasp, this area is for articles, information, questions and crap relating to in part or whole to mgf/tf's. ;)

i know the f/tf section has its own little community of sorts (weirdos seems a better name ;) ) but the ppl who peruse only this area of the forum should try and spread their wings a tocuh and venture into other parts of hte forum. thefore keeping posts and threads relevant to the area.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
deelunn said:
but its relevant to everyone else on the forum too, so it shoudl be placed accordlingy! i would of thought that any questions you have would of already been answered in the threads that are in the appropriate section!
Yes, dee but here we get only what is of interest to us filtered so we do not have to spot info that is relevant..

A big percentage of our threads -HGFs, CDs, Tires, K-series engine- can also be discussed on the general forum

G

·
Hmmmm, maybe things haven't changed that much in my absence....not if Deano describes the F/TF forum's 'community' as being community of 'weirdos'.....!

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MG Deano said:
this is the f/tf section of the forum.

as hard as it may be for a few ppl to grasp, this area is for articles, information, questions and crap relating to in part or whole to mgf/tf's. ;)
MG going bust is not related "in part" to MGF/TFs???
The meaning of "related info" is ambiguous....

·
Registered
cityrover
1,603 Posts
Maybe then, the orgianal post should have been

"So then, is the manufacturer of our beloved MGF/TF' s going bust?"

Then it would have been for our section only.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
What they are trying to say is, stop treating this small corner of mg-rover.org like a completely seperate forum, it isn't, it's just a section. If you want more widespread news then come out of here and look at the other sections. Sections are there for organisation.

Christ it's like Royston Vasey in here. "This is a looooocal forum, for loooocal people!" :p

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andie B said:
Hmmmm, maybe things haven't changed that much in my absence....not if Deano describes the F/TF forum's 'community' as being community of 'weirdos'.....!

Hey!!!!! I just put a thread on about you!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
i agree with some of the other points ie tires cos that couldnt go in a general section but when your talking about a deal on mg and rover you can hadly put it in the mgtf/f section.

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
andie ims tarting to believe you and spike are the same person - you disappear hes constantly here - you come back he goes! so has anyone got a photo of yous two in the same room together? hhhhmmm?!!!!

schtopper you got any 'special meat?!' lol how rude does that sound please!

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
deelunn said:
i agree with some of the other points ie tires cos that couldnt go in a general section but when your talking about a deal on mg and rover you can hadly put it in the mgtf/f section.
Yeap I agree...but also we can be more relaxed here it is not a court-house, nor we are lawyers (at least I'm not) to try to be always "correct"....relax...:p:p:p

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
The mods do try to be relaxed about these things, but there are these negative threads popping up all over the place and we want it all concentrated in one place, or it gets repetitive and confusing.

As for tyre threads etc. Well the F/TF is quite unique in it's tyre set up, so is best discussed here. The HG questions fall into two catagories with those related to the F/TF specifically should stay here, general questions should go in the ask the gurus.

It is really about getting the best for allof the members. Someone may ask a really interesting question about the K series in general and we want everyone to see it, not just the F/TF'ers.

I don't believe the mods are too hard and fast over this are we?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Andie B said:
So welcome back ~ hope thing are going well :cloud9:

MikeS

1 - 20 of 21 Posts