MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my TF nearly six months no problems apart from carpet not fitting correctly and door seals not been same fitting on each side of car.but one thing puzzles me more than anything is why so many of us have one black plug missing that hides the screw head on the inside for the door mirror?

strange!

·
Registered
14,782 Posts
Yeah I made my beliefs about a plug monster quite clear on another thread, he's a sneaky little bugger, one day I had all of the plugs intact, next day ones missing! Now what's that if it's not a monster coming in the dead of night and eating them! :lol:

Anyway must get back to my magic mushrooms now!

Jonathan

·
Registered
434 Posts
Bruce135 said:
..... and door seals not been same fitting on each side of car....
What do you mean by this?
Does the window glass on one side sit against the outside edge of the rubber seal and the other side butt up into the seal?
I looked round MGF/TF's in the indoor car park at Stoneleigh and saw that it was quite common for the window glass to be seated differently on each side. Both of mine just close against the seal.
My TF's at a dealer today having a lock solenoid replaced and I also asked them to fix a very slight leak by the rubber cheater so I'm interested to see what they adjust it too.

My plugs are still with me ... l'll keep a look out for the monster!!

·
Registered
47,845 Posts
Loaky said:
Yeah it is a bit common by the sounds of it, I think we should all take petes advice with the bodgification with the blutac.

Jonathan
not my advice, tis my fellow chief SOG - Sprinter, oh he of the wise words and knowledge :URGOD:

as an aside and after thought (and totally OT), I would like the following smilley to be used more often please ->:ss:

·
Registered
mg_tf
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would love to stick it on with bluetac,if only the monster would give it back.Tried ordering replacement from mg but still waiting!

straffs my window seals sit like you said went to complain due to the fact the wing mirror on the drivers side cuts into the seal rather than sit behind it.But when looked at others in the showroom the looked the same so decided not to bother.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.