MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got back from Longbridge, and I'm still a bit emotional. Just to see all the families and workers coming out and waving at us as we drove past was absolutely amazing, and reading some of the responses so far on various forums from employees at MG Rover reassures me that it was all worth it.

We may not save the company, but we certainly managed to show support for the people who matter, i.e, the workers and their familes.

Well done all who turned up, you all deserve to be proud of yourselves. :D

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
A very emotional day today. The convoy was fantastic and I'll never forget the look on that BMW drivers face at the services!!!
The first moment when the employees came over and started the round of applause was the bit that bought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eyes. We had a wander over the road to where Sport n Racing were giving out freebies..... And they weren't mints either ;)

Spent a good half hour talking to a couple of employees who knew nothing of our plans to be there and were most grateful for the support. I have a couple of pics, will upload them later and post them.

·
Registered
rover_800
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ice D said:
I'm loving that v8 LWB Rover 75 in the above picture, real smart looking car, R4 ROV, looks important too

I think you'll find it's a V6 not a V8. Could be wrong though but as I understand it there are no LWB V8's yet. Was this an MG-R (owned) car? Btw it looks awesome!

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Ladies and Gents, you should be rightly PROUD of yourselves. How I wish I could have got time out of work today... You've done some good work and whether or not MGR is saved, you've made a difference.

:URGOD: Collectively, one and all...

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Stephen K. Hone said:
I think you'll find it's a V6 not a V8. Could be wrong though but as I understand it there are no LWB V8's yet. Was this an MG-R (owned) car? Btw it looks awesome!
Yes you are right Stephen - this is a Non V8 Limousine. What we did see going into Longbridge was a Rover 75 V8 Tourer in Chatsworth Monogram. That's the first V8 Tourer that I've seen.

·
Registered
595 Posts
NewForestFox said:
Well done all who turned up, you all deserve to be proud of yourselves. :D
We saw your car, we were in a blue Rover 214 Mk2 and were leaving at about the same time, we beeped each other as we were going past Q gate at around the same time.

We managed to miss the convoy tho :( Didn't decide to go until 11:30am, and as we live in Sheffield it took a while to get there :D

It was nice to see so many different cars from old to present day representing the marque.

Lets hope it made the workers feel slightly better knowing there are people in the country who support them.

·
Registered
mg_maestro
701 Posts
Was an awesome day. I am really glad i went to the effort of going. Seeing the workers literally running out when we had 'arrived' was something you cannot easily describe, quite emotional.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i was part of the convoy in my zr was really proud to be there and as a powertrain worker i would like to say thanks to you all for putting the time and effort in to being there us longbridge workers really appreciate it cheers,satchman

·
Registered
615 Posts
BMW Owners Face, "Gobsmaked" 1 To MGR 0 BMW

It was very emotional today, especially when the families came out of there homes to wave and salute the convoy, truly was a very sad day out, but well worth it.

A good point was the BMW owners face in the car park, made me smile a and
made ZRAKTie and her boyfriend and everyone else laugh out loud that made my day. What do you think ZRAKtie?????????. I will let her explain!

A good turn out of nice MGR products. Nice to see some friends who work at MGR and who are members from off this site.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Pride!

Can I just say to EVERYONE who went to Longbridge today how proud I am of you all! I was one of the unfortunate ones that had to work, but your presence where most of our cars were built and where the people and companies we're fitting to save are, surely has made an impact. No matter how big or small its shows support!

Thanks again guys, you may in your own way have helped to save MGR.

Steve

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
That was brilliant when the bmw 7-series pulled up, and everyone shouted 'booooo'! The drivers expression was first class!!!

Had a brilliant day. So proud that I went. And even if we haven't saved Longbridge, atleast we've shown the company and all its fantastic employees that despite the media, there are a lot of people who really care about them and Longbridge!

Had a really great day :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went to Longbridge and was absolutely gobsmacked with emotion.
The way the workers looked really pleased and proud that we were there,apparently they waited specially to welcome us.
It was a great day for all the wrong reasons i guess,but one day that i shall never forget and a lot of memories that will stay with me forever.
Well done to all members of whatever Forum you come from,at times like this we all belong to big happy family forum.
Fighting for our beloved MGR'S.

Monday April 11th:
Today we took our cars back home,back home to Longbridge.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts