MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was queuing at the big tesco last night from 11:30 til 12:30 and got my copy of call of duty for £25 when purchased with 2100 ms points for £16....£20 clubcard points and a £5 deposit voucher it cost me a whooping £16 :)

Played the first three missions and I'm very impressed! Yet to play online!

Who else was geeky enough to be there at release time?

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
That's a good deal! Was that only for Pre-orders or is that deal still carrying on?

Im not going to rush out and buy it this time. It can wait, I have an extensive list of games to play through yet! :lol:

Only reason I rushed out to get my copy of MW2 was because I got the Super Elite MW2 Edition :)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I got the same deal :) .... lots of people were just buying the game at £40 though, when they could have got the game & points for about £42. :err:

Was epic, my mates had pre-ordered (I hadn't) & went to Game at 10pm to start queing, I left my place at 12:30 (am), did a brisk 15 minute walk to tesco and picked it straight up off the display (there were loads of copies) and phoned them just as I was paying.... they were still queing to get inside of the shop :lol: Game fail :lol:

Only played co-op survival mode in the special ops section so far, but it seems sooo good!!!!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Offer works online and is valid until the 13th. Think I might have to order it :)

Cheers for headsup, will have to check me money first though!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I Q'd at blockbuster cannock from about 10:30... was 2nd in Q

Then i got the H.E and back home for 12:10...

Played til 3am... Very impressed... Multiplayer maps could have been improved IMO.... but may just take getting used to.

Love the add-ons and am sooo glad that ranking is back... I hated black ops where everyone started with every weapon :(

Special Ops will now take my life :p

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I was gonna queue last night but thought better of it after seeing the size of the queue at 10:30pm outside my local Gamestation, so went back this evening as I was passing by on my way home and still had to queue for 20 minutes just to get into the store.

2x PC copys for me and my brother and another new 360 slim 320GB for me, as usual will finish the SP on the PC before I look at the 360 version.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i've noticed bf3's gone like that as well, compared to bad company and black ops its like permenent hardcore mode.

its epicly awesome
Sure is, my mate who usually plays really well keeps failing badly!

I like the sounds as well, the guns just sound more realistic. Think they're onto a winner lol

Can't wait to see if the 'elite' feature takes off!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Sure is, my mate who usually plays really well keeps failing badly!

I like the sounds as well, the guns just sound more realistic. Think they're onto a winner lol

Can't wait to see if the 'elite' feature takes off!

i think cods gonna end up with the console market and bf3 is gonna get the pc market.

i certainly can't imagain going down to sub 32 player maps, but cod pulls it off well (well, well enough) whereas bf3 feels empty

·
Registered
27,730 Posts
Got my copy today and really enjoying it, glad they have got rid of that annoying knife teleportation rubbish that was in MW2.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think cods gonna end up with the console market and bf3 is gonna get the pc market.

i certainly can't imagain going down to sub 32 player maps, but cod pulls it off well (well, well enough) whereas bf3 feels empty
I dont know, you not seen the £65 battlefield 3 controller with torque adjustable joy sticks!

·
Registered
mg_zr
98 Posts
lol, me too.

This will be the first COD game that I wont be buying since the first one came out, Activision sold out pc players by removing features such as dedicated servers, which turned the game into a bag of sh***. Latency is the biggest factor in FPS games, dedi server - 18ms ping constant, p2p - 120ms, floating all over the place.

BFBC2 rocked compared to Black Ops.
BF3 will rock for years to come, because of the good support, communication, patching and just the fact that they care about their gamers and the experience.

Absolutely love the Battlelog for BF3, its like facebook for the battlefield!!!

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
lol, me too.

This will be the first COD game that I wont be buying since the first one came out, Activision sold out pc players by removing features such as dedicated servers, which turned the game into a bag of sh***. Latency is the biggest factor in FPS games, dedi server - 18ms ping constant, p2p - 120ms, floating all over the place.

BF3 will rock for years to come, because of the good support, communication, patching and just the fact that they care about their gamers and the experience.

Are Dedi Servers in BF3?
I miss proper lan parties

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
lol, me too.

Actually West and Zampella were part of the reason why we didnt get dedicated servers for PC in MW2. Activision didnt decide this for them, these two do not like the PC market because of piracy.

(West and Zampella are the 2 guy's that created and revolutionised the CoD Series, but got fired by Infinity Ward)

But i was playing CoD MW3 pretty much all lastnight and i must say online is FAR much more fun than the previous version!
Very much liking it so far.

Also played Single player fir a fair bit and i am liking that so far too!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts