MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

as title really. not sure to go with these or the standard or both at different times during the year

·
Registered
mg_zr
102 Posts
white for definite! theres a type r like that around here with white wheels and it really makes it stand out (for all the good reasons). but, i know some people dont like white wheels with a light paintjob. its up to you though.

but i vote for white, its a bit of alright!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Marsh... That CTR with the black wheels is lush :D

Good find/photoshop ;)

Still think it'd look much nicer with rims that have a polished lip, breaks up the "blackness" then

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
White wheels are a definate no no with light coloured cars.

Black wheels go with almost anything.
I would consider a set of black wheels on mine - like the Pro Race 1.2's

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Nice wheels in black. Can we now wrap a nice looking car around them ;) :dddc:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Lighter cars like Silver, White, Yellow, Red and even some light blues all suit darker wheels :)

On my JDM Del Sol i had gun-metal grey 6 spokers with a polished lip and i think they suited the car down to a tee :D

Silver cars always suit dark, if not black wheels much better than any other colour!

The yello MG looks lush with darker alloys, but i agree, the straights are too busy... 6-8 spokers on them in gloss or even matt black finish would be lush :D

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
the white wheels look crap.. black wheels with a chrome lip and tints would look the ****!
Defintiely agree with the black wheels and the chrome lip. Black will set the car off nicely and contrast to the light paint job whilst the chrome lip would make the transition subtle.

·
Registered
rover_25
1,021 Posts
Dont like the white - not a huge fan of the black either thou - how about a kinda of gun metal varient? So it's dark but not solid black yet not standard so it stands out - something like si's x-power grey wheels!

·
Registered
19,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
silver car with white wheels

nothin wrong with that :jealous:

I like the white and also like the black. Was hearing of a place that reconditions wheels and can powder coat them for about £25 a corner. Whether this is true or not i dont know. its about 15 miles away so im gonna head there just now.

If he only does them in white then ill be getting them done white. if he can do other colours then ill need to re-think :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts