MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since i brought the car i've noticed a whistling noise coming from the drivers side window, it only happens at motorway speeds and if you push on the glass at the top the pitch changes so im guessing either the window seal is at fault or the window itsself is not going all the way to the top. Any ideas how i could fix the problem?

many thanks in advance

·
Registered
mgf
761 Posts
Yes! Your are not alone, what the hell is this ???

Have you noticed that many cars have a little lip near on the curve of the door to divert rain and air away, I think it might need something like that added...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same problem on my zr, i think the window has slipped as it doesnt always line up with the seal, and occasionally the seal becomes bent under the window and i have to put the window up and down a few times until this sorts itself out

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes! Your are not alone, what the hell is this ???

Have you noticed that many cars have a little lip near on the curve of the door to divert rain and air away, I think it might need something like that added...
yeah i know what your talking about onuo, you can get them on ebay, wind deflectors there called. a guy fom germany sell ones specially made for the rover 200

although this will solve the noise problem, the security aspect still remains that there is a gap in the window, some one could slide a flat door opening tool in and get inside!

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Not in my car, my central locking knob on the drivers side is nackered s no chance of them getting in, or me getting out in the event of a fire

·
Registered
mg_zt
444 Posts
My window doesn't go into the seal properly at the top, and I get this same whistling. AFAIK you can take the door card off and tighten the glass up, I will be trying this tonight hopefully.

·
Registered
330 Posts
thought ide add myself to this as i get it too.. first i thought i had a puncher in my tyre then thought maybe my brake pads were rubbing but no to both and its still there...

·
Registered
mgf
761 Posts
Technozone! I've noticed you've linked to alot of interesing things on your ftp in previous posts, is there any way to scroll through the docs to have a look or is it all private ;) - just wondering and I'm a nozy sod !!

·
Registered
mg_zt
444 Posts
Nice one.
I know it's a 400, but I had my door card off last night, and it looks like I need new window seals all round.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is this anything to do with the fact if its been raining and the windows have beads of water on them, unlike most cars, if you wind the windows down, it doesnt get rid of the water, as the glass doesn't seem to touch the door?

I don't get any whistling, but its a pain when I can hardly see out of either side window... any fixes?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I get the whistleing aswell!!

It took me ages of playing around with the sun roof to realise it wasn't the cause.

As above - window up and down a few times seems to realign whatever is out and it stops.

·
Registered
mg_zt
444 Posts
I fixed mine
Took off the door card.
Loosened all the bolts for the window mechanism.
Put window near the top and jammed it over to the straight side of the window.
Tightened bolts.

Done

1 - 18 of 18 Posts