MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Im a new member here but have been lurking for a short while now. I'm glad I found this forum. There's some very useful information here and helpful people too. Ive already put some of this info to good use so thanks in advance.

I have just bought a 2003 rover 25. Its the 1.4 (84ps) version but after fitting a 56mm Throttle body and performing a decat (to the first cat!) it has now been upped to roughly 103ps I believe. The cars going great as its only done 10,000 miles. However, recently I have noticed that a high pitched whine is being produced from the engine bay. It seems to start a short while after driving and stays constant (stationary in neutral or moving) untill I switch the engine off. My best guess is maybe the fuel pump is making the noise or that a bearing has gone somewhere (aux belt?), but i am really unsure. Another thing I should mention is that I ran out of fuel a few days ago (didnt realise that rover neglected to put a fuel warning light on the instrument display:doh: ). The car didnt missfire or anything, it just started losing power so I stopped immediately. Apparently its very bad to run the car out of fuel so just wondering if this could have anything to do with it.

If anyone has noticed this on their 25/200 or has an idea of what it might be, id be grateful if you can help.

Cheers,

Alex

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Could be the Charcole cylinder.
Also, 56mm TB, ain't gonna help...that has been proven to reduce output on K series applications. 52mm is the max.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the heads up on the TB, might have to change to a 52mm if its going to cause/causing problems. Is there a thread I can read which highlights this TB as deprimental to k series performance? I have not yet come across one while searching and reading about TBs here. If there isn't one i'd be intrigued to know why its so bad.

What is the Charcoal filter exactly? Forgive my ignorance :)

Cheers,

Alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts