MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my r200 to ZR look-a-like project I've come to the all important spoiler, maybe the most important part of the ZR "look". anyway I need some advice, Most I have seen include both what seems to be the standard rover spoiler with the other one moulded on top......however I have seen cheaper versions which just seems to be the 'extra' bit that goes on the standard spoiler (please tell me Im making sence). These tend to be cheaper but how do they attach to the standard spoiler and are these genuine? anyone with experiance in this field your advice would be much aprechiated!!!!

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
580 Posts
i got the PI addon hoop! looks exactly the same as the whole zr spoiler and only cost (at the time) £75 from halfords! it bolts on to the boot just to the side of the standard spoiler

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone else bought one of these "hoop" spoilers? I'd be interested to see any photos of the spoiler on! would mean I could keep my brake light instead of buying a full ZR spoiler with brake light whci are slightly more expensive!

·
Registered
851 Posts
mikebailey_uk said:
Has anyone else bought one of these "hoop" spoilers? I'd be interested to see any photos of the spoiler on! would mean I could keep my brake light instead of buying a full ZR spoiler with brake light whci are slightly more expensive!
I have a Genuine full one piece Hoop Spolier if you are interested ??? it was from a 2003 MGZR.
Its in perfect condition & has the centre brake light but its better than the standard spoiler because this is one is all LEDs & much brighter.
Painted in Anthracite Metallic if you are interested.
£125.00 inc Postage.
V easy to fit in around 15mins but easier with 2 people.
Get intouch if you require any pix etc etc.
Thanks
Graham

email [email protected]
Text 07780 685451

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
mikebailey_uk said:
In my r200 to ZR look-a-like project I've come to the all important spoiler, maybe the most important part of the ZR "look". anyway I need some advice, Most I have seen include both what seems to be the standard rover spoiler with the other one moulded on top......however I have seen cheaper versions which just seems to be the 'extra' bit that goes on the standard spoiler (please tell me Im making sence). These tend to be cheaper but how do they attach to the standard spoiler and are these genuine? anyone with experiance in this field your advice would be much aprechiated!!!!

Regards

Mike

that seperate hoop is not a add on mate, it's the mk1 zr spoiler and is a genuine part, i have one sitting here in my bedroom complete, with it being a genuine part it's all abs plastic and not fibreglass so there is very little weight in it :)

mine may be for sale too for the right price ;)

·
Registered
rover_25
1,835 Posts
There is also the later spoiler which came with a centre strut - extra support and imo looks better. I got it on Ebay, brand new, sealed and in primer for £100...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts