MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what traffic film remover to use when cleaning my car?

Theres loads of different suppliers on ebay selling various types and strengths of the stuff, but what should I actually be buying? Any suggestions on suppliers (preferably online?) where I could order some from (other than ebay?)

I gather most of this type of stuff will strip the wax from the car, so I would repolish and wax (and clay if required) after its been given a good treatment.

Many thanks

Alex

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
you are right, most stuff will strip wax, depends on the type of journeys your car does - with summer fast approaching I would consider using something like super snow foam.

it all depends on how you will be putting it on the car (SSF is wax safe too)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a foam lance, only got a little detergent bottle that fits on my (cheap) pressure washer.

So really, whatever I apply needs to go on by hand, or using the little detergent bottle. (Too skint to buy a foam lance or the like at the moment)

Im not too bothered about stripping wax, as it may pay to strip some of the wax of the car (its black, so it shows up all the fine little sratches), then build it up again. I previously used a couple of coats of SRP then EGP over the top.

Any TFR that is also safe for use on GRP fiberglass would be good too, then i can give my boat a bloody good clean and polish too!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
I would deff go with super snow foam. even through a pressure washer bottle (and the right mix) will give brilliant results.

i also use a hozelock sprayer to apply it direct to wet paintwork and then a quick blast with the hose creates plenty of suds.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
also - forum supporters get the following discounts - and these two guys get the thumbs up from a lot of people on here....

to read more about the benifits have a look HERE

www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

Tim from Cleanyourcar.co.uk is pleased to offer a 5% discount for all MG-Rover.org Supporters, as well as free P&P on all orders over £65.00.
Alex from Serious Performance is pleased to offer 10% discount off all orders paid by cheque, and 6.5% discount off all orders paid by Paypal. Also, there is free P&P on most items, excluding larger gallon sizes.

There website can be found at www.seriousperformance.co.uk

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
I wouldn't use any TFR on my car.... the stuff is made to clean filthy waggons and is caustic at best.

Use some quality shampoo and leave the TFR to the truckers.

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
I only ever use TFR to pretreat cars that are going to be fully detailed and to use in enclosed areas fro ma trigger spray for example wheel arches and engine back.

TFR's strip wax so i certainly wouldn't use one as a normal wash shampoo

If you must use a TFR, keep it away from rubber seals as it will probably eat them and be sure to wax the car afterwards

·
Registered
134 Posts
I actually use Autoglyms PM3 TFR with every wash through the foam gun. For maintenance washes i dilute it more though. I see this as an essential part of EVERY wash to make sure you remove as much dirt as possible before using a wash mit. PM3 is wax safe and is the best cleaner i have used to date. Its just hard to get hold of.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to clarify, i wasn't intending to use it as regular shampoo, but a a strong cleaner to remove all the crud from the car, prior to washing with ordinary cleaner, then waxing for protection.

Definitely wouldn't be using it every time i wash it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts