MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I’m Looking to buy a portable Sat Nav unit. No major preference on features although maps of Europe are essential. At the moment have considered a Tom Tom Go 910. Through an e-bay seller I should be able to pick one up new for £250 posted.
What are people’s thoughts... ?

Matt

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Hi,

Not too experienced with Sat Navs but from what i've heard Tom Tom are the ones to go for, and considering John Lewis are selling that model for £350, looks like that's a bargain! (As long as the seller's reputable, of course! :D)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Not too experienced with Sat Navs but from what i've heard Tom Tom are the ones to go for, and considering John Lewis are selling that model for £350, looks like that's a bargain! (As long as the seller's reputable, of course! :D)
Yep, it does seem a good price, not sure if it's too good to be true. Although lots of e-bay sellers seem to have them for around £250.00 £275.00 mark

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
iv just got the ' mio c510e' seems ok full maps of europe in the box , windscreen mount, car charger and carry handle , works great , so good my brother took it tonight ! price £180 ish

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
694 Posts
I've had two.. First one was the Navman F20 and it lasted 1.5 days, was great as a satnav if it actually worked but it could not read the internal memory and kept telling me as such... might be a one off but wasn't impressed with that one.

The next one was the Tomtom one and it was great! except it didn't tell you speed cameras unless you subscribed to it where the navman did FOC.. Respectively, the Navman was £179 when I bought it... now its £129 at Halfords.. the Tomtom one, I paid £199 and is now I think £179.

Its all swings and roundabouts, effectively you get what you pay for, but some good all singing all dancing ones on QVC, the RAC one looks ok with its own call button for emergencies. The AA's has a cam? Don't really like the Tomtom Go at all.. but thats just me.

As for ebay, I'm afraid, mostly they are over priced there is one sitting on there currently (The F20) about to end and is on £138 when its only £129 brand new. Shop about and buy NEW! I would of been screwed if mine had broke so quickly and I could not of returned it.

Sean

Navman F20 £129

Tomtom one £179

RAC Satnav £299

AA Sat Nav £249

Tomtom Go £300

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I bought my girlfriend the Navman F20 in the picture above from ebay for just over £100. She's never had any problems with it and it does everything she wants (including having buttons for the nearest petrol station & the nearest car park).

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
I have a TomTom One V2 - nice and light, usual TomTom features. IIRC it was £180 from amazon for UK and Ireland maps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts