MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a sad day when I took my 214si bubble for it's MOT... the noise that I'd convinced myself wasn't the sound of the exhaust blowing was confirmed :(

So rather than get a standard one, I thought why not move up a bit? I want an exhaust that gives a nice low hum, and maybe a bit of throat but not really loud! Just the rumbling would be best! Does anyone know of any websites where you can listen to the different systems working??

Any ideas anyone? Need to spend as little as possible. I like in Medway, Kent so it'll have to be not toooooooo far away.

·
Registered
mg_zr
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for that dude, had a listen, know what you mean! Maybe something a bit more different though, but yeah that's the kinda thing I'm after!

·
Registered
mg_zr
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dazz105 said:
think it wud help if they done a rover one tho wudnt it???
yeah that was what I was thinking! lol

But I get the idea of what they sound like...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Remus has made a Exhaust with a adjustble silencer, so you can get a nice deep sound, or a more normal sound( Easy to pass MOT tests, just turn the silencer on the most silent mode).

·
Registered
mg_zr
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ThumpJunkie said:
I LOVE my BlueFlame exhaust, more of a growly purr than a deep bass note :)

My mate is selling his for half the RRP, only been on the car about 7-8 months if you're interested?

Check out more information at http://www.blueflameperformance.com/car/.
cool.......... so what's the price he wants for it? And what exact one is it? Pics? Sound clips?

Cheers

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
ikga33 said:
cool.......... so what's the price he wants for it? And what exact one is it? Pics? Sound clips?

Cheers
Pictures and sound clips HERE mate, IIRC it's about £180 new, he'll probably take £90 for it plus postage :)

Here's a picture of it on my car (middle), and Hollie's Magnex exhaust (left) which is apparently also a very good system:

·
Registered
mg_zr
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers ThumpJunkie... sounds really nice. What's the opinion of how it'll sound on a 1.4? And I'm assuming that it is only the back box here, not the mid section aswell?

Cheers!

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
ikga33 said:
Cheers ThumpJunkie... sounds really nice. What's the opinion of how it'll sound on a 1.4? And I'm assuming that it is only the back box here, not the mid section aswell?

Cheers!
Sod me then.....:irked:

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
ikga33 said:

Cheers!
It's only a 1.4 I have mate, speak to ANDYJ_ZR who also had the backbox, and Keiran or AX GT BEAST who had the centre section too, they'll tell you how sweet it sounds ;)

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
ThumpJunkie said:
It's only a 1.4 I have mate, speak to ANDYJ_ZR who also had the backbox, and Keiran or AX GT BEAST who had the centre section too, they'll tell you how sweet it sounds ;)
Blimey it's certainly done the rounds.....:lol:

·
Registered
629 Posts
I've got the Magnex 4" round b/box on mine, like the ZR on the left in TJ's pic. Coupled with a K&N panel filter it sounds really nice. Not too loud but you know its there and it isnt too intrusive on long m'way journeys.

·
Registered
mg_zr
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts