MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheres MMcomputing not seen him on line today and i have been waiting to see his pictures from the meet.

A bit worried thats all, and i havet seen a request from him to have the day off.

MM come out come out where ever you are
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any news any body? ok i know he might have a life outside theses fourms but i wanna see the pictures :D


come out come out where ever you are
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,551 Posts
kandyman said:
Ok has anyone received a ransom note for MM, I’ve got 50p spare to put towards it :D
You didn't say whether the 50p is to keep MM kidnapped, or whether its for his release?

:getcoat: :bgrin2:
 

·
Registered
rover_75
Joined
·
462 Posts
I should imagine he is thoroughly enjoying being on holiday somewhere! Either that or his home net connection has died.

Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,456 Posts
I am deeply touched that anyone should care where I am and what I might be doing, I did in fact go and stay with a friend, (yes I do have one), on the way back and have only just got home and processed some pics. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them and meeting some absolutely delightful people. Definitely a day to remember with great affection. A tribute to all those that took so much time and effort to organise a great day. Thanks especially to Ken and Christopher for their input and dedication. If anybody would like high res versions of the pics I have posted please hit the "send me a message" link at the bottom of each page. These are mostly a feel for the day type of pics rather than just our wonderful cars.

Pictures can be found here http://homepage.mac.com/mgzt180/Menu7.html
scroll down a bit and you will see 2 links to Beaulieu meet.

Enjoy

MM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,341 Posts
Is the 75 with the German plates Jürgens?

Love those wheels, but I'd hate to clean them!

I've gotta ask.. whats with Sooty?? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,456 Posts
Tatts said:
Is the 75 with the German plates Jürgens?

Love those wheels, but I'd hate to clean them!

I've gotta ask.. whats with Sooty?? :D
No not Jeurgens, I am at a loss to remember the fellows name although I can describe him and he appears in one or two photographs. I asked him to post or email me the name of the wheels. Perhaps Jeurgen will remind him :)

That'll be Sweep you are referring to. Sooty is just a dumb blonde, sweep was always the more interesting character and he has a voice, well a squeek anyway.

I rather foolishly admitted to El Robbo (That's Ian Robertson to the uninitiated). That I had on two occasions driven myself and lady friend on 2,000 mile trips around France and Italy in a Honda Eggbox. Across the north of France and then down to the South coast following the line of the Alps. Across into Italy then down to Tuscany. Return journey via a small village just north of Torino, then back into France and along the south coast, skirting the Pyrenees and up the west coast. All at under 40 MPH on mostly B roads and one horse tracks and stopping overnight every 50-60 miles.
Ians comment "did you take Sooty and Sweep with you" my answer, "there wasn't enough room.
He then decided to call me Sooty in future, to which I strongly objected and immediately conscripted Sweep as the Zeds Mascot, as Sweep is also XPG in colour he doesn't clash with my paintwork and his bright red nose vibrates in sympathy with the metal flake in the paint.

Lost in France. Somewhere in the foothills of the Alps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,341 Posts
mmcomputing said:
That'll be Sweep you are referring to. Sooty is just a dumb blonde, sweep was always the more interesting character and he has a voice, well a squeek anyway.
Thanks for that!

I'm much too young to remember them!! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mmcomputing said:
Ta very much,
Saw you on arrival and then lost touch, sorry about that.

MM
Yes you was hiding very well, i did keep a eye out for you, the only other time i saw you was taking picture when the raffle was going on then i lost you again or you lost me :p

Well have to have a little meet again with a few of the other others before the next big meet, maybe a pub lunch somewhere in the middle of us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,456 Posts
kandyman said:
Yes you was hiding very well, i did keep a eye out for you, the only other time i saw you was taking picture when the raffle was going on then i lost you again or you lost me :p

Well have to have a little meet again with a few of the other others before the next big meet, maybe a pub lunch somewhere in the middle of us.

Sounds good to me, perhaps we can conjure up another dying BM for entertainment. Prefer countryside to motorway services so somewhere your side of the river perhaps?

I went and had a word with the Scooby driver that came to check out wheel sizes. I asked him (in my usual polite manner) to move his heap of ****e as it was lowering the tone. He came back a little while later and was taking pics of our cars. I said "they are pretty cars aren't they?" He agreed and carried on taking pics. I think we may have a convert :). Seemed like a thoroughly nice geezer. Well he didn't thump me so I suppose he must be.:)

MM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i spoke the him as well when he turned up and come and asked ken if it was ok for him to talk to some drivers about wheels and stuff.

yeah a countryside pub is better than a service station, My next free weekend is the 24th 25th of June.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,456 Posts
kandyman said:
yeah i spoke the him as well when he turned up and come and asked ken if it was ok for him to talk to some drivers about wheels and stuff.

yeah a countryside pub is better than a service station, My next free weekend is the 24th 25th of June.
Either day is good for me, do you have a preferred venue? If so shall we start a list? I've had plenty of practice. :getcoat: :rotflmao:

MM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,872 Posts
mmcomputing said:
I am deeply touched that anyone should care where I am and what I might be doing, I did in fact go and stay with a friend, (yes I do have one), on the way back and have only just got home and processed some pics. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them and meeting some absolutely delightful people. Definitely a day to remember with great affection. A tribute to all those that took so much time and effort to organise a great day. Thanks especially to Ken and Christopher for their input and dedication. If anybody would like high res versions of the pics I have posted please hit the "send me a message" link at the bottom of each page. These are mostly a feel for the day type of pics rather than just our wonderful cars.

Pictures can be found here http://homepage.mac.com/mgzt180/Menu7.html
scroll down a bit and you will see 2 links to Beaulieu meet.

Enjoy

MM
MM

Nice to have met you - apologies I could not spend a very long time chatting as I was flitting here and there - I have a lot of such apologies to give with many I'm afraid.

Great pictures, very candid and they really capture the spirit of the meet, not just about the cars but the great people who drive them too.

Well done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,456 Posts
jamescj said:
MM

Nice to have met you - apologies I could not spend a very long time chatting as I was flitting here and there - I have a lot of such apologies to give with many I'm afraid.

Great pictures, very candid and they really capture the spirit of the meet, not just about the cars but the great people who drive them too.

Well done.

Thanks Christopher
Delighted to meet you and your lovely family. Thanks for doing such a grand job.

MM
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top