MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I wish I found this sight a couple of years ago. (since I bought my MG ZT-T)
Theres a lot of really useful stuff on here.
We are emigrating this year and unfortunately it isn't viable for me to take my pride and joy with me.:sad3:
Where do you think the best place is to advertise my ZT-T and how do I find out what a realistic price is for it.
Cheers
J

·
Registered
rover_75
1,705 Posts
Hi there - Google used car prices and that'll give you a couple of sites to start with. Bear in mind that What Car and Parkers will probably quote slightly higher than what you'll actually get.

As for selling, I would try your local papers, ad trader first, with ad trader you can do it online and add a pictrure of the car all for free! And more chance of you getting what you want for the car. If that doesn't work ebay it, but be prepared to get less than what you want (depending where you live of course, Scottish cars tend to go for less than English, supply and demand etc.)

Good luck!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,464 Posts
Always found auto trader (the site) to be a good place to judge a cars going rate. Not bad place to sell either.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
scooterchick said:
If that doesn't work ebay it, but be prepared to get less than what you want (depending where you live of course, Scottish cars tend to go for less than English, supply and demand etc.)

Good luck!
Yep agree I have been watching about a dozen ZTs over the past few days on Ebay of those that have ended so far not one met its reserve

If prices continue to fall like this I will soon be tempted to get a 190 for the weekends.

most bids for clean (looking) 2001-02 cars with around 50K miles seem to be stopping around £4k

There are a lot for sale regularly on Ebay and loads more at the dealers even my mates 1.8T 75 with only 18K on the clock only reached £3700

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the replies,
Just had a quick look on autotrader and the ones similar to mine seem to be up for just under the £10k mark. I will keep my eye on there and on ebay, when we get an offer on the house then the car will be on its way.
Keep your eye out for a grey one with the reg ending in 04 ZZT.
Thanks again
J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts