MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just bought a tomtom 500 & was wondering if anyone else had one and where they've fitted it? It's a right mess hung off the windscreen with the suction holder. (and a tea-leaf magnet of course!)

I already have a nokia carkit with a holder in place of the passenger cup holder. It goes quite well there - but now I've got an unattached phone kit!

Has anyone built one in?

·
Registered
rover_75
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
empsburna said:
erm, i'l try and find a thread with a nice picutre of one installed, i've seen it recently!
Thanks, I did do a search first - but only on the 75 forum! Have now found the other threads - at the moment I've done the same as Mike - just wondering where to mount the mobile now! Or if I should go the whole hog and use the mobile through the tomtom bluetooth...

·
Registered
rover_75
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Rich - fan still going well thanks! (and the front end hasn't fallen off yet either!)

I like the sunvisor idea with the PDA. The tomtom is now on the phone holder - looks fine & works quite well although I noticed more loss of signal than usual so the external aerial goes in tomorrow as well as a power socket in the glove box. WOuld be interested to no if anyones tried the tomtom carkit though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
tom tom

fitted holder for sat-nav. slightly different way to RICHK
romove sucker device from sat-nav holder, drill a hole same
diameter as holder rod in back top right corner of recess top
of radio the secure holder rod to side of recess end up as shown.

Attachments

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
This is what i have done.

The wire hides in the hole above the radio when the sat nav is put away.
All that is left is the ball that i have stuck on to the air vent thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts