MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I would like a spare wheel for my Trophy. Obviously, it has to match the other alloys. The reason I am asking is for peace of mind but also my other alloys need some tlc so I figured I could swap them one at a time and have them refurbished etc.

Trouble is, where on earth to get one from?

I dont really want to spend bucket loads of money!

Any ideas????????

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Trophy wheels haven't been manufactured or been available new for a number of years making them increasingly rare and pushing up prices. I have seen sets of very tatty trophy wheels selling on ebay for more then the price of a set of unmarked TF wheels.

The B&G site above is well out of date and I doubt even they will have any.

I think the chances of finding a single Trophy wheel are very slim, and even if you did find it wouldnt be cheap.

I would settle for a TF 11 spoke wheel instead. I picked mine up for £50 from an autojumble 4 years ago, but these day ebay is probably the best bet.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Hi all,

I would like a spare wheel for my Trophy. Obviously, it has to match the other alloys.
Any ideas????????

Not obviously at all - F/TF models sold with spare wheels were fitted with steel space savers. No attempt to match the other wheels or tyres but always get you home.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps I didnt explain myself well. I wish to purchase a spare trophy wheel and get it refurbished. Then remove one of my wheels and have that wheel refurbished whilst I use the newly refurbished spare in its place. Therefore, I can have all the wheels done and still use the car!

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Hey Pete,

I am in Carmarthen, 25 Miles west of Swansea. A long way from most mg stuff. How do I get one of those cool cars pics in my nic?
Ah, ok. Its just I use a Trophy (brand new) as a spare, I was going to suggest a swap of some kind for a shadow chrome 11 spoke.

You need to become a supporter for the sig pics.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.