MG-Rover.org Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Why was "green" there then?...
Don't know, never met him. But I did only say "mainly", like any sweeping generalisations, there will always be exceptions.

I'm not a fan of the gumball, anything that encourages illegal street racing, excessive drinking and lack of sleep in the same event, does nothing for those of us that like to enjoy motoring sensibly. What has happend is a tragedy, but with the recipe above, it was surely only a matter of time?

Indeed..... they hit a 67 year Golf old driver and his wife at reported speeds of over 200kph in a 911.

Both the driver and his wife have now sadly died. I'd say the organisers have to take some form of responsibility for this, they should be strung up!

The bloody handed drivers tried to escape the country... which, I'd say... is another nail in the coffin for the reputation of the British in Europe.

Scandalous that this kind of thing goes onin my opinion.

OT rant over...

I'm still around - you chumps dont get rid of me that easy! :lol:
Been working on the minbin while i wait for the F to get finished - hence not being online much.......devil makes work for idle hands you know?
Its looking peachy now though - got lots done on it! Shiny shiny chrome bling and a new full dash among other things :)

Is there a .org kidnapper about or something? :errx2:

Haven't seen Catweazle, Lucky or Green1997 about for ages??
Im finally back :) Returned from Gumball a few days back, was sorting some stuff out so only managed to log on the .org. today

How cool. Bet that'd be a laugh...
It was great, until two "fast and the furious" watching city morons decided to show off and kill 2 people in the process.

Don't know, never met him. But I did only say "mainly", like any sweeping generalisations, there will always be exceptions.

I'm not a fan of the gumball, anything that encourages illegal street racing, excessive drinking and lack of sleep in the same event, does nothing for those of us that like to enjoy motoring sensibly. What has happend is a tragedy, but with the recipe above, it was surely only a matter of time?
illegal racing is fun when made legal (if that makes any sence)
What im trying to say is that under certain rules and regulations its great. When traffic is shutdown and theres no pedestrians and cops and fire trucks are near by, racing city streets is great fun. I went to Moscow last summer and they do it there, they seal a certain route, stop the traffic and cops monitor the event, so in essence its a same "illegal street race" but with one major point: the only one who might get hurt/injured/dead is you...

Why was "green" there then?...
Cos im a pretencious, Chelsea living, Bentley driving, Boeing flying IT girl

Actually i just happened to have cool friends who "moved up the ladder" pretty fast and some who married people that "moved up the ladder" fast, theres no flipping way i would EVER pay 28 large just to enter the event...

I'm not a fan of the gumball, anything that encourages illegal street racing, excessive drinking and lack of sleep in the same event.
Yeah, im not a fan of illegal car stuff, but the other bits sound fun ;)
I concur :D

Funny guy eh? :)

I wasnt driving unfortunately, I was a co-pilot in a Yellow Murcielago, but still had a blast. Well we swapped once, when the driver started nodding off, but appart from that I was enjoying the trip from a passengers seat, and tbh in a murcielago it wasnt all that bad :)

A few interesting things happened on the way and i met some really cool people, but the "main event" of the 2007 Gumball obviously over shadowed all the fun and enjoyment, so to be honest I barely think about it anymore.
When i heard the news, the first thing that hit me was "it could have been us", im not gonna lie and say we stuck to speed limits and followed the rules, we did speed and we did do "wreckless" at some points during the rally but never on a road with local traffic, we were only endangering ourselves, not anyone else.
What i heard about the accident is that the guys in a Porshe were overtaking and didnt see an oncoming Golf...
there was a video of an accident scene on local news and the road is flipping narrow to do any overtaking, let alone at 140...
We took a different route so fortunately havent witnessed the scene but to be honest there were plently of others... A good few million pounds wrecked due to stupidity, but then again they all probably got new rides by now...
I just hope that the couple in the Golf went to a better place.

I believe co-pilot was free to go after some questioning because he wasnt behind the steering wheel so they cant really do him for anything, even fro fleeing the scene...But the driver is pretty much screwed. He is definitely going to do time, no matter how good his lawyers are, he killed 2 people, tryed to flee the scene of an accident, and then, whilst the whole thing was being investigated, ordered a private jet from UK to flee the country....Local authorities managed to stop him, so now he really is in a big mess

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.