MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
wot range is the power on a standard 54reg zr 2.0 115 model? mine feels the turbo pickin up fully about 2k revs then at 3k revs it feels, and sounds like the power isnt as much so i change at 3k usually. is this jus deceptive or is there no point in going past 3k revs?? a modified 106 old shape a 1.4 i guess kept up with mine with me doin this

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The max power is at 4200rpm, and the max torque at 2000rpm. Diesel's have a very narrow power band as standard, by their nature. If you want more power/torque, have a search for Rover_Ron and his MAFAM.

Other diesel owners will be along shortly to give better explainations. I'm a petrol head, so don't know an awful lot about diesels! :lol:

Rich.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k cheers m8 so i guess it is jus more deceptive in a diesel where the power is, im used to petrol cars they seem to like to rev more freely compared to this car.

cheers

·
Registered
119 Posts
You can rev it to 4k no proplem and wont get slow just starts to leave some black smoke when you get to the first white line after 4k so should be able to leave a 1.4 i have done before.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Watson i bet if yo look at the boost level it suffers the same as mine does. At around 2900 rpm the boost drops of by between 1 and 1.5 psi then picks back up over 3300 rpm. I had cured it when it was running standard boost by playing with the setting on the MAFAM but since the boost has been turned up it has come back.

Am wondering if it is coincidence that it happened at the same time though and might be that the MAF is on its last legs but with only 25k miles on the clock it is poor if it is.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Matt and I was discussing this boost drop the other day and we recon that it could well be caused by resonance in the inlet track. It would be interesting to see if Marks 400 is affected by it as he has an different intercooler.
Jim

·
Registered
865 Posts
Its funny you should say that Jim as i am sure i mentioned it in the thread ages ago about the boost drop. TBH it is much more noticeable when the boost is upped so makes sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts