MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant find the air intake temp sensor on my R reg Rover 400 beast.
Im going to fit a +BHP mod and i've been told to look for IAT might have only 2 wires attached and not 5, but if 5 wires connected it might be intergrated into the air flow meter.
I then need to find 2 pins that have a significantly decreasing resistance between them when end of probe is warmed. HEY BINGO FIT MOD AND IM OFF TO BURN MORE RUBBER, HA HA.

Anybody out there that can help me?

Will post once fitted and let you all know how and what difference the mod made and what and where to purchase!!!!!!!!
Best of all its CHEAP.

Thanks
Greg - Bristol

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
Just to let you know Mike, I fitted this mod.....my car is going so fast now I'm actually getting younger...........

Hang on....Marty McFly and Doc Brown just passed in the DeLorean......

................wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
MrGTE said:
Cant find the air intake temp sensor on my R reg Rover 400 beast.
Im going to fit a +BHP mod and i've been told to look for IAT might have only 2 wires attached and not 5, but if 5 wires connected it might be intergrated into the air flow meter.
I then need to find 2 pins that have a significantly decreasing resistance between them when end of probe is warmed. HEY BINGO FIT MOD AND IM OFF TO BURN MORE RUBBER, HA HA.

Anybody out there that can help me?

Will post once fitted and let you all know how and what difference the mod made and what and where to purchase!!!!!!!!
Best of all its CHEAP.

Thanks
Greg - Bristol

Is it a petrol or diesel?

The sdis IAT is in the end of the inlet manifold in front of the brake servo.

·
Registered
440 Posts
technozen said:
Shhhhhhhhhh....

resistor on the IAT..........flux capacitor feeding the injectors :bgrin:
Do people still fall for these "20bhp increase from just a length of dental floss" scams?

The intake air temperature sensor will measure the temperature of the air going into the engine.

If the mod tells the engine that the air is 20% cooler, the ECU will inject 20% more fuel and the efficiency of the engine will be lost, not to mention the engine running rich. Then you can end up replacing the injectors, oxygen sensor, not to mention the cat if damaged and various other parts which may have had several thousand miles left if had you left the engine alone in the first place.

Please don't fall for it, then they will have your money and will be grinning. :2c:

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it is a Diesel the sensor is built in to the Airflow meter whick is in the pipe from the aircleaner box to the turbo and has 5 wires in it.

On petrol models it is a 2 pin connecter and is in the manifold on number 4 intake pipe a green coloured sensor near the gearbox!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts