MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had all 4 wheels balanced (electronically?) today to cure a wheel wobble. Is it common for it to be gotten wrong? I can feel it through the steering wheel at about 65 still. I know I've hit a pothole or two, so what are the possibilities?

The fronts are Sava Rapidex R2s (14 inch steels wheels) only about 4k old. The backs are mismatched cheaper ones I was about to replace anyways. Is it likely it's just a bad balancing, or have I damaged a wheel/tyre? Surely the balance should have picked that up.

I hope it's not new tyre time. 2 was enough! Plus the buzzing exhaust, MOT due, tax due... :( My wallet hates me!!

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
You could have a flat spot on the tyre. Its whats causing mine at the min. but lack of funds mean tyre got to wait as tread etc still well above legal.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Try ATS or National tyre or somewhere like that .See if they do a free steering check.You might need the tracking doing or maybe a worn bush somewhere.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've got an ATS in Faversham, might be a trip there. National Tyres, now that's a blast in the past. Dad used to work for them, but there aren't many now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts