MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Was just wondering how easy it is to fit aftermarket alloys to a 1996 MGF. Looking at OZ or something and wondering how large I can go and do I need to make any other modifications to fit them

Thanks

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Very hard as the PCD is different than most wheels. You'd need to fit spacers to make it fit. You can go up to 17" but many people find that the ride is too hard then, most people seem to prefer 16"

·
Registered
mgf
654 Posts
most aftermarket wheels have a different "gap between the holes" from MGF/TF ones.

most aftermarket are 100M I believe whereas the MGF/TF ones are something memorable like 97.6 or somrthing stupid..

so you'll need a hub adapter -from someone like mike satur

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replies guys!
How about fitting trophy alloys - would that be a sufficient upgrade to allow me to fit big brakes?

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Dangerousdave said:
Thanks for the quick replies guys!
How about fitting trophy alloys - would that be a sufficient upgrade to allow me to fit big brakes?
I believe Trohpy and TF160 16" wheels are fine for the AP brakes.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Dangerousdave said:
Hi all

Was just wondering how easy it is to fit aftermarket alloys to a 1996 MGF. Looking at OZ or something and wondering how large I can go and do I need to make any other modifications to fit them

Thanks
After market alloys are available for the F/TF, but due to the wheel PCD (Stud pattern) being 95.25mm choice is LTD, allthough Mike Satur, MGFC and Moss sell after market alloys up to 17" with the correct PCD, ie direct fit!..

I had 17s on my old `F` which were a direct fit with no modifications, they did (IMHO) look better than the standard `F` ones, but as said above ride quality does suffer a little as you have to fit smaller profile tyres (less side wall = less give)to keep the `rolling radius` of the wheel something like the original otherwise your speedo readings will be out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts