MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zt
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never really been into the wheel spinning or boyracing, sometimes i drive faster (not very fast) but never really boy raced.

With a collegue earlier i gave it a bit to much and slipped the wheels, not for long, less than 5 seconds and their was smoke everywhere, it even came in throgh the windows!

I was not actually trying to wheel spin it but just wondered if anyone else had noticed this, i have never noticed this on any previous cars or tyres!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Wet road surface?? Type of road material also contributes to this. I've span the rears on my F twice this week just pulling away at junctions, and even had it drifting on the way to work this morning.
Keep it planted and change up to second for maximum chav points ~ the local barrys will love you!! ;)

·
Registered
mg_zt
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was damp but still grippy.

TBH it was fairly funny but i would imagine it must do a lot of damage, especially if you put it into 2nd!

·
Registered
836 Posts
The 75/ZT engines * gets away with only those 2 as is an 75/ZT forum.. sorry MGF * are very Torque happy.. this makes it easier to spin the wheels even on dry... Bad for driveshafts,gearbox,clutch, tires and license...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts