MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 1993 216 Cabriolet at the weekend and have today discovered that that each alloy wheel has some sort of security nut, one per wheel. There looked to be a slot on the top of the nuts but on closer inspection the nut is indented only to look like it takes a key. The nuts are totally round by design so it's impossible to get a wheel brace onto them or anything else for that matter. I'm having difficulty in trying to contact the seller of the vehicle to ask him how these work.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
186 Posts
Those sound the same as the ones I have on my coupe ( round except for a notch out of them). In my case the seller left the socket in the glovebox for me. It was slotted into the end of a black plastic tube which looks like the original holder for it.

Have you had a good search through the car? with the spare wheel perhaps? it may be there somewhere.

HTH

Alan

·
Registered
469 Posts
It sounds the same as the mk3 wheel nut.. What u see with the indent that looks like it's for a key is JUST a cover, the locking nut is underneath.. Get ur jack out and there should be like a black tube with the actual key inside somewhere with the jack.. Use the black tube just (The cut, slatted end) to remove the cap, just push it on and it'll bring the cap off with it, then the key should fit on the lock nut underneath and the wrench on the key, Bob's ur uncle.. Let me know if this is right, it's how it is on the mk3 so I assume it's the same

1 - 3 of 3 Posts