MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the tyres on my pre 95 214 and I've lost the wheel nut cap removal tool. It removes the stainless steel caps over the nuts and my local Rover dealer has been no help at all. Can some one post me theirs so I can take my wheels off and I'll pay you back for the postage and sent it 1st class. My scrappy has one but says he won't lend it out :(

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
roverboy said:
I need to replace the tyres on my pre 95 214 and I've lost the wheel nut cap removal tool. It removes the stainless steel caps over the nuts and my local Rover dealer has been no help at all. Can some one post me theirs so I can take my wheels off and I'll pay you back for the postage and sent it 1st class. My scrappy has one but says he won't lend it out :(
What about a pair of long nose pliers?

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skelo said:
What about a pair of long nose pliers?

Cheers
Skelo
Ive tried that an ive had to resort to either cutting them off with a dremel tool and risk damaging my alloy which I've already done to one wheel or use a dent puller which did sod all. My last resort is going to be going to every one in my area who owns a rover with alloy wheels and ask if i can borrow it. My cars off road at the mo so I can't take it to them :(

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
I think the plastic tool thingy is only about £4 from a rover dealer. If yours is being no help ring another one up and get it posted!.

Mine broke ages ago, i just use a pair of normal plyers, and bang the caps on afterwards :lol:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stu C said:
I think the plastic tool thingy is only about £4 from a rover dealer. If yours is being no help ring another one up and get it posted!.

Mine broke ages ago, i just use a pair of normal plyers, and bang the caps on afterwards :lol:
Thanks for your help, I'll try that out tomorrow. I just noticed my neighbor a couple of doors down has bought a MGF so I might ask him as he has the same caps on the nuts.

·
Registered
classic_rover
777 Posts
A small pair of mole grips will get them off without damaging the wheels - I keep a pair in my boot as the plastic cap remover is near useless anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts