MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed today my car is leaning 5mm or more difference compared to the other side, i dont know why this has happend. i noticed it a lil bit before i swapped my front suspension but after lowering it sticks out even more. i have not lowerd the rear yet just the front.

the picture on my left shows a pic of my car before lowering and if you look carefully you can see a small lean.

as i have lowerd its has got worse.

i think its because:

1, i have been supplied a 25mm and a 20mm springs with dampers???? probably nonsense

or

2, something is terribly wrong?

they are apprently mgzr 105 dampers and springs from 2003 model. and before i lowerd my car they were as factory, standard cars done 18,000 miles 1999 reg

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
i noticed today my car is leaning 5mm or more difference compared to the other side, i dont know why this has happend. i noticed it a lil bit before i swapped my front suspension but after lowering it sticks out even more. i have not lowerd the rear yet just the front.

the picture on my left shows a pic of my car before lowering and if you look carefully you can see a small lean.

as i have lowerd its has got worse.

i think its because:

1, i have been supplied a 25mm and a 20mm springs with dampers???? probably nonsense

or

2, something is terribly wrong?

they are apprently mgzr 105 dampers and springs from 2003 model. and before i lowerd my car they were as factory, standard cars done 18,000 miles 1999 reg
Have you tired measuring the trim height? ie from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch flange? That will tell you if it is different from side to side !

·
Registered
mg_zs
2,230 Posts
Do you drive the car on your own alot, mine had the same just sagged more on one side, lol.

Sie

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
How do the wheels look when pointing straight forward, does one lean or do you have more tyre wear on one side than the other?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right just got back from the gym and i just had 3 people in the car and it levels out fine after driving everyone get sout and then it looks fine again.

the problem seems to happen after the cars been left alone over night or leaving home from work. maybe thats a clue?

ones softer than the other?

i done what ex tester said and they line up fine, and for ashy the wheels look dead straight. just had my steering belt changed and the steerings better. so no problems with steering.

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
Are you sure it's not because of the camber of the road you are parked on, incorrectly inflated tyres or your wonky eyes :bigeyes: ?

·
Registered
714 Posts
When i fitted my coilovers i actually made the drivers side 3-4mm higher than the passenger side as im 20stone! So when i get in it, it runs level :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Are you sure it's not because of the camber of the road you are parked on, incorrectly inflated tyres or your wonky eyes :bigeyes: ?
lol no man i aint got wonky eyes i park on my drive which is dead flat and has been checked with a level!!!

so its odd, and today i looked fine after work so i cant explain it!

·
Registered
304 Posts
My Nova did this (before I saw the light) and it turned out to be the drivers side shock seals were on their way out.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
The shocks won't have a bearing on ride height. It is the springs that affect that. It's either in your head and just the surface you are parked on or as you say the springs are mismatched.

True, I know what you mean. Has made me look twice on occasion when parked an an unlevel surface.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The shocks won't have a bearing on ride height. It is the springs that affect that. It's either in your head and just the surface you are parked on or as you say the springs are mismatched.

True, I know what you mean. Has made me look twice on occasion when parked an an unlevel surface.
its definately not my head, i think one spring is going then, i did get the whole lot cheap as a offering price. 65 the lot. was from a crashed zr i believe.

i will have to get some x power springs 20-25mm to cure if this is the problem.

if anyone knows what could be wrong let me know help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
No chance of damage to the setup while in the previous car?, I trust you made a good inspection before fitting. Cant think of anything else that hasnt already been covered.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok the problem seems to getting worse, looks like one side is 15-20mm and the drivers side 30mm.

only balances out and rides fine when someone else is seated oppersit me. would also explain why my drivers side only scraps on the odd occasion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts