MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They've changed the format recently and every one of my family's cars now comes up with the following erroneous response! :~

Invalid Vehicle Registration Number. Please check and try again.

Note: This service doesn’t work for foreign Vehicle Registration Numbers.

·
Registered
mgf
11 Posts
I work with it most days as we update MID for motor trade clients and it generally works well.

Every now and then it refuses to accept the existence of a reg.no. that we know to be correct but it soon sorts itself out.

Make sure you enter the reg.no. with no spaces, i.e. A123XYZ.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Success ..

Make sure you enter the reg.no. with no spaces, i.e. A123XYZ.
Ahah! That's maybe where I went wrong...

Re-tried three of my cars a few minutes ago and all now showing normally. Plus, I could easily identify the bread content in the array of Verify images... and waterfalls... :rofl:

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE on the askMID updates.

I bought two cars on 5th July and gave details to my Insurance Brokers. After some nine days, last night neither car was showing as Insured on askMID db. Just been in touch with my brokers this morning and they chased up the delay with the updates with their underwriters. Both cars now showing on askMID. So, do not assume the db has been updated after adding or changing cars on your policy. Someone may have forgotten to update the db.

Best to allow 2-3 days to pass then check to see if they are on there. If not, chase it up as oversights can mean inconvenience when BIBs pull you over ... No Insurance Sir!

A ...

Computer says NO ...
... Scenario .. :)

·
Registered
mgf
11 Posts
Insurers have up to 5 working days to update the MID but anything longer than that is very naughty indeed and needs to be turned into a formal complaint.

We had an insurer who was lax on this but they soon saw the light when we bombarded them with complaints. However, they have now been kicked into touch because, as insurance brokers, we are responsible for the insurance company that we introduce clients to and we don't want them to give us a bad reputation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts