MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rover 216 coupe 1997/R

Anyway.......... whats this lead do? and where does it go??

I found it sitting in the middle of the centre console as i ripped everything out, im pretty sure it doesnt have a home.... as ive got nothing to plug it into lol.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
May be for a CD changer, or a connector for an alternate dashboard which may have different / extra buttons and lights. At a stretch it could even be for connection to extra wiring going to something like an auto-box but I think that is highly unlikely.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
That looks like the DLC - data link connector - commonly referred to as the diagnostic socket.

If it is, watch out - pin 16 is permanently at battery voltage.
I'm suprised it isn't fitted to a nearby bracket.

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
28 Posts
If you compare the colours of the wires going into the back of the plug with the wiring diagram in your Haynes you should be able to figure it out. If you don't have a Haynes I'm sure someone could look it up in theirs if you say what the colours are.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
looks very much like the diagnostic plug, there is a bracket that holds that in place under the center console on the mk3 200 might be some were on youre. would a vice just leaveing happerly be

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
definately the diagnostic plug. there should be a bracket it fits into so you can plug testbook straight in without fumbling for the plug

Its DEFINATELY the diagnostic plug.

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
J1963 Diagnostic plug, used to connect various diagnostic kit to the car.

When it's in its bracket, it's difficult to get at/get out of the bracket to plug the connectors together!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

To late ive already downloaded and installed the new OS on my laptop... Ill plug it in tomorrow and see what happens......................................

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,166 Posts
ml.williams said:
there is a bracket that holds that in place under the center console on the mk3 200
Ah I'll have to have a looksy as mine is falling out from behind the centre console. Any idea where the bracket is - or is it too easy to miss?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.