MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasnt gonna post this buts it's really made me fuming mad.......

Was out shopping last night in Hampton at Peterborough and as i walked out of next theres a little boy about 5 blubbing his eyes out on the benches. So i go see whats up and he's lost his mum, so I take hold of his hand and head to tesco customer services, reckon they'd just tannoy the kids mum over the whole store. Course I dont actually get there cuz panic stricken mum see's me walking with her son (still tears in eyes) and she's runs over and has a flamin bitch fit screaming at me suggesting I was trying to kidnap him and what the f*&^ am i doing etc etc etc.

Told her the story and she wasnt having any of it. She ended up slapping me round the chops cus I said that only a smack addict would leave there kid alone in a store this size and she's lucky I'm not a Pedo! Not like I even looked like a wierdo, i was in a suit!

******* world!!!! :guns2:

·
Banned
21,480 Posts
That's what you get for trying to do the right thing :(

I can see both sides of the story though, she just saw her her child crying with you, anyone might jump to that conclusion. but then again like you say, why/how would you leave your child!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Nah don't even defend her Brad.... she should never had jumped to conclusions like that. Not like Steve had picked up the kid and was running to the exit.

Some people you just can’t help. I feel for you Steve... if that happened to me I would be thoroughly p1ssed.

There is a shortage of male primary school teachers because theses days it is dangerous to be alone with kids without actuations flying. No wonder guys don't want to become teachers..

·
Banned
21,480 Posts
< N I C K > said:
Nah don't even defend her Brad.... she should never had jumped to conclusions like that. Not like Steve had picked up the kid and was running to the exit.
yur I know, but sadly the world is full of people like that now, its better to be a tad safe than sorry, I'm not defending her in this case. just making a point ;)

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
No there's a difference, she could have thought what ever she liked but the fact was he made no attempt to run with the kid or anything so she should have been grateful a kind hearted person took the effort to ensure they were re-united and not something far worst.
If she was a 10th worthy of being a mother she'd have been so guilt ridden and so over-joyed that someone had kept her son safe till she pulled her act together.

There ought to be a license for people to have babies, so people aren't worthy of looking after a brick let alone a little person.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Schtopper said:
There ought to be a license for people to have babies, so people aren't worthy of looking after a brick let alone a little person.
Yeah... I have responsibly decided to focus on getting an education and a job before starting a family....

... yet some people I went to school with already have kids and collecting social welfare. Perhaps I should have done that...... where’s my reward for being a good boy...

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
With things that have happened in recent years I can understand why she'd have a fit, but it sounds like she went too far....Next time leave the kid standing there blubbing.....you did the right thing though.....just a shame the mother was a nutcase! :(

·
Registered
classic_mg
5,392 Posts
You coud have called the police over for common assault.

However, as much good as it would be to see her being arrested, I feel it would
be the poor child who would suffer the most :(

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
red_rover said:
You coud have called the police over for common assault.

However, as much good as it would be to see her being arrested, I feel it would
be the poor child who would suffer the most :(
You just KNOW i'd have been the one down the copshop for "attempted kidnapping" though in todays world!!!!!!!
:banghead:

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Just annoying how if you had been a woman, there would have been no problem probably... that's where the world has gone wrong... it's like a reverse paranoid sexism...

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Thats bloody terrible mate! Problem is nowadays, everyone has to keep themselves to themselves as problems like this arise. Like id someone was stealing a grannys handbag, and the theif got away, it would be you that was trying to help getting questioned like your the criminal.
Politcal correctness etc... gone stark raving mad :(

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ultimate Racer said:
tbh mate i wouldnt have gone near the screaming kid. As people have said you'll end up the one getting done!
At the risk of getting flamed, I disagree. The way i look at it is if my nipper got seperated from me for one reason or another, then a responsible member of the public would do the honest thing and and help them. Sort of a treat others as you expect to be treated you know?

But yeah, flamin political correctness or what. Rather have had the slap and now the kid was safe (although thats questionable i guess!) than not.

Oh well, such is life, i'm feeling a whole lot calmer about it all now!

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Cant do right for doing wrong...

As this old women always used to say to me!

Just dont let your mates know Steve...otherwise they will have a right laugh and you will end up with a new nickname......

:irked:

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
heh, yeah everyone will take the p!$$ :( Well, hope you went home and had a nice stiff brandy and thought screw the world, as long as im fine, i dont care!

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
i can see both sides of the story, unfortunately i think she overreacted. its understandable in this day and age but u could have do that to another 100 crying kids and the other 999 woman might have hugged u for keeping their kid safe.

tough luck. just feel happy because u did a selfess act and helped the kid,e ven if the mom didnt see it that way.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 18 of 18 Posts