MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - long since since I've posted any messages on the forum and not sure if some of the original folk I used to speak are still even on here? The time has finally come to sell my beloved MGTF 160 that I bought from an owner on this forum over 11 yrs ago. Looking for some guidance on what realistically she is worth. She has been cherished by me for all of this time and very well looked after both mechanically and aesthetically. Got lots of receipts for the work done over these last years including:

The routine head gasket,cambelt, camseals, timing covers replaced.
SS Pipes
Mike Satur chome roll hoops
Full Daytona exhaust inc sports cat
Powder coated black gloss black alloys
Track rod ends front
os and ns sills + quarter panel rust treated and painted
FSH with stamped book
113,000 miles

She's always been garaged apart for the last few months (currently sorn).

Advice appreciated.
MG1.jpg
MG1.jpg
MG2.jpg

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of....awkward question- I sold my one last year with half that mileage for £1600 but not as pretty as yours. Had HT/Soft top, no leaks and a very good engine. reversing sensors (dont laugh...) dashcam and bluetooth wireless with connectivity. full size spare and full serie history. head gasket was done a year before sale and it apparently was done according the the receipts some 10 years ago.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Looking at sold prices on ebay and adding together all the sold ones to get an average, they are selling around £1,533.50 Ok, ebay, like Facebook is not the place to try and sell and the ebay ones were all bids rather than a classified ad, the best price received was £3,650.00 ( MG TF 160 VVC in xpower grey with mike satur rolls bars, British sports car | eBay ) and the lowest was £821.00 ( 2004 Mg tf 160 modified, no reserve , project mot December | eBay )

The £3,650 one did have a lot of extras though.

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
Put your reg and associated details into the We Buy Any Car website and then add 35% to what they offer you.

Reactions: Chris T

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
You can think and say what you like, but they are a business that needs to get the value of all/any car correct.

Add in their profit margin to the price from their website and you will be close to the true value of the vehicle. Of course, condition, service history and mileage are factors - but they are in any sale.

Sadly the truth hurts sometimes.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Indeed. But their pricing is ludicrous not really surprising as the racket is owned by BCA....my F was about £500 the last time I looked which isn't often mind with an update from them it had dropped to about £175 several months later, or how about £800 for a mint GTV V6 with good examples now selling for £7-8K.....I'm not delusional about prices for our MGs as we know they are worth 'peanuts' but with 47k 2 owners and no rust/clean mots etc it would fetch much more. We Buy...would not be my yardstick for modern classic car prices as even with your 35%+ addition they simply don't reflect the market nor indeed would they; they are in business to totally screw the owner/seller and then punt it out for £££s more.

Hopefully as the OP has written a great advert on here for a car that looks good, they have got lots of interest :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The cars are only worth peanuts in the UK. Values much higher outside the UK (Switzerland exchange £1 = CHF1.3 MG F Occasion kaufen & verkaufen ). Mind you, the cars have to be kept to a very high standard otherwise failure at vehicle inspection - ie 'original' parts, no rust anywhere......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts