1996 P reg Rover 214 Si (bubble shape)
91,000 miles
Charcoal colour
Part service history
6months tax and mot

5p size rust spot on bonnet
some rust under arches
some rust on the edge of the doors
knocking noise from front right suspension (shockie?)
palm sized dent on drivers side door

17" excite RO2 alloy wheels with fairly new tyres (quite kerbed)
lowered 40mm on Pi springs
Black lexus style rear lights
Tinted windows
CD Player

If i get this job im going for, the rover will either be sold or p/x so looking for a realistic figure for private sale and/or trade in

thanks

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Sejin26 said:
£500 Part-ex and about £1200 Private. Look at other's in your local area.
£1200....?!! :_poke:

Sorry but i bought my 97 214 Si a year ago with 65k on the clock, 12months MOT and not a single scratch or dent on the body work, and cost me £1300.

I aknowledge the car has alloys and lexus style lights but with the mileage so high, i'd be suprised of you can sell it for that much, especially as there is rust. I say stick the old tyres, tape player and lights back on, sell the car for around £800 and flog the rest of it seperately.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not got the original wheels, tape player or lights.

i was thinking i could get £1000 private easily and p/x ~£800. realistic?

it does look nice when its shined up, so maybe a bit more if i get an eager 17y/o who's desperate for a cool looking car?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Best bet is to ask for £1100, then if a buyer comes they will haggle you down to £950-1000, result, trouble is rust really destroys value as my mothers Mondeo V6 would still be worth £2200 if it wasnt for the rusty bits, its only worth £1200 now :(, man, so much car for so little money.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Your right, thats who you shuld be targetting, a young and eager driver, possibally 1st time buyer who will be blinded by the tints, lights and cd player and not concentrate on teh rust or mileage.

Your selling pitch: "For your 1st car, it looks the part, has a nippy engine, and should be trouble free for the next year after which you can upgrade to your 2nd car".... should close the sale!

Of course u don't wanna rip anybody off, thats not what im implying.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Naj said:
Of course u don't wanna rip anybody off, thats not what im implying.
of course, i was in the same situation a couple of years ago tho so i know how it is. i rushed out n spent 1500 on a K reg corsa cos it had alloys, tints, bodykit etc nobody could persuade me otherwise.

I learned wen it died after 9months and i sold it on for £300

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
For the record, modified cars often sell for less than a showroom-spec one.

And I'm not talking about a Supra that's had £10000 spent on it - I mean your normal, mass-produced motors like Fiestas and such.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.