MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats faster out of the rover 214 1.4 103ps bubble shape and the r25 1.4 103ps? ive heard sum one say that the old bubble shape is slightly faster but i cant believe that!

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
It's faster mate and it's also faster than the 1.4 ZR too. Tighter emissions on the 25 and ZR so I believe, which slows the car slightly.

Girfriends brother has an 04 ZR, but she has driven it and says that our 200 is quicker to accelerate.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ashy said:
It's faster mate and it's also faster than the 1.4 ZR too. Tighter emissions on the 25 and ZR so I believe, which slows the car slightly.

Girfriends brother has an 04 ZR, but she has driven it and says that our 200 is quicker to accelerate.
i dont believe that mate! il race yea if you want!!

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
It is so marginal it's not even worth thinking about.

·
Registered
323 Posts
According to parkers

Rover 214si 16v - 101bhp, 115mph, 10.2secs

Rover 24 103ps - Same as above

MG ZR 105 - 102bhp, 111mph, 10.0secs

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
might be difference due to gear ratios - either difference in the final drive on R65 boxes - or many the cogs are slightly different on the new IB5 gearbox..

either way the difference is marginal at best

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Adam101 said:
According to parkers

Rover 214si 16v - 101bhp, 115mph, 10.2secs

Rover 24 103ps - Same as above

MG ZR 105 - 102bhp, 111mph, 10.0secs
I don't know what Parkers is on about with that 10.2 business.
Rover quote them all as 10 secs.

The difference is probably just the same as you would get even between the same model of car.
Some are faster, some are slower, but my 200 will be faster than your 25 greeny for sure! :flipa:

Anyway what's a Rover 24?

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
greeny said:
whats faster out of the rover 214 1.4 103ps bubble shape and the r25 1.4 103ps? ive heard sum one say that the old bubble shape is slightly faster but i cant believe that!

All pretty much of a muchness.

However the R200 seems quicker as it has less of a "power band" ie is more powerful under 2k rpm.

This is due to the Euro 3 regs, which means more strict emissions limits than the Euro 2 that the 200 was spec'ed to

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ashy said:
I don't know what Parkers is on about with that 10.2 business.
Rover quote them all as 10 secs.

The difference is probably just the same as you would get even between the same model of car.
Some are faster, some are slower, but my 200 will be faster than your 25 greeny for sure! :flipa:

Anyway what's a Rover 24?
no chance buddy! whats a 200 there old now mate dont you think its time for an upgrade? what reg you got and how many miles you done,you got a fsh!

·
Registered
rover_25
1,835 Posts
Anyone who's driven the 200 and the 25 will say that the 200 is quicker. Just accept it, as said it's because of emissions regulations.

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
Liamm83 said:
Anyone who's driven the 200 and the 25 will say that the 200 is quicker. Just accept it, as said it's because of emissions regulations.
dont be daft, no offence but u wont notice the difference.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
greeny said:
no chance buddy! whats a 200 there old now mate dont you think its time for an upgrade? what reg you got and how many miles you done,you got a fsh!
S reg' 60,000.
No I don't think it's time for an upgrade. It's currently looking good and always getting better and kicking a hell of a lot of newer cars asses on the road at the mo with even bigger engines.

What mods you got greeny?
At the mo only simple engine mods for the 200, full enclosed induction kit, ported manifold and downpipe, recently decoked engine.
Soon to be added: full performance exhaust, possible 52mm throttle body, better brakes(vented).

It'll still kick your 25 into touch tho guaranteed. :p

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ashy said:
S reg' 60,000.
No I don't think it's time for an upgrade. It's currently looking good and always getting better and kicking a hell of a lot of newer cars asses on the road at the mo with even bigger engines.

What mods you got greeny?
At the mo only simple engine mods for the 200, full enclosed induction kit, ported manifold and downpipe, recently decoked engine.
Soon to be added: full performance exhaust, possible 52mm throttle body, better brakes(vented).

It'll still kick your 25 into touch tho guaranteed. :p
sorry boy racer bad boy im scared of your superfast 200! dont get too worked up about it are cars are only 1400 thats f*ck all! i still think the 25 is a better car, i aint got no mods apart from an induction kit aint had it long, how much your car worth buddy, i aint gonner spend loads of money on mods to the engine just for the looks! you need too chill out and role up gezzer!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts