MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got an mgf and im a bit concerned about what will happen if/when they do go under. will it be hard to get parts? will the value of my car be affected??

also a collegue is wanting to buy an mgtf is this a bad move if theyre going under or a good one?? what im saying is it could make them rarer but it could make them worthless??

i honestly dont have a clue of the implications of the situation anyone know anything about it??

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Parts will not be a problem as Caterpillar haven't yet mentioned anything about stopping production of the relevant parts.

All will be revealed soon enough... :(

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Parts will not be harder to get. CAT logistics owns the parts business and is unaffected.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how about car prices, ie car values. will my £9,000 mgf not be worth £9000 anymore? is buying mgf a bad idea???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike200SEi said:
Its not worth 9K as soon as you drive it off the forecourt.

However, these issues wont help residuals.
i didnt drive it off the forecourt for 9k but last week it was worth 9k what im saying is next week cud it be worth less?? or more??

and what sort of damage are we looking at??

and on the other hand will it make rover/mgf the new skoda or lada type car to run a mile from??

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
234 Posts
Parts shouldn't be a problem Ther's already loads of companies starting to look after mgf as they do for mgb midget etc & there 30 years old.

Even recent cars because of the volume still on the road will mean parts will be available as there is a markewt for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts