MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Noticed my 1998 1.8 MGF has the ODB connector port by steering wheel.. what type etc is it? (so i can buy correct cable etc)

Im a software developer so this type of play is my thing ;) haha

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
T4 is an old Rover system, Land Rover having been part of the Rover group used the same system.

If you can find T4 software you'll be able to access the ECU through the port.

The port isn't wired for OBD until the MK2.

The ECU in the mk1 isn't as user friendly as the later cars.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
It's the same socket as OBD2 but it's not OBD compliant. Its prior to that.

Like me you're running a MEMS1.9 ECU which is not OBD compliant and can't get to it other than with expensive kit.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
If it's a standard plug then somewhere there must be a pin list so you can work out how to use it?

Don't know where though. :irked:

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
If it's a standard plug then somewhere there must be a pin list so you can work out how to use it?

Don't know where though. :irked:
All it is is someone to map the pins and know what's what.

And then figure out a way to talk to the sensors and convert them to computer language...

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
Pin 7 on the socket is the bi-directional serial connection, the data protocol is ISO9141-2.

You can buy a T300+ diagnostic tool from China for about £100 delivered, it will read MEMS1.6, 1.9, 2J and 3. It is a copy of the Advanced Diagnostics AD100 and will also code fobs to the 5AS immobiliser. The tool also covers many other manufacturers too.

I can provide details of a reliable contact I use in China if anyone is interested in purchasing one.

·
Registered
24,543 Posts
Pin 7 on the socket is the bi-directional serial connection, the data protocol is ISO9141-2.

You can buy a T300+ diagnostic tool from China for about £100 delivered, it will read MEMS1.6, 1.9, 2J and 3. It is a copy of the Advanced Diagnostics AD100 and will also code fobs to the 5AS immobiliser. The tool also covers many other manufacturers too.

I can provide details of a reliable contact I use in China if anyone is interested in purchasing one.
Get a few and sell them on here.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
At 100quid delivered I could be interested. Any more, and I'd just go to the LandRover garage... the amount of times I'd use it wouldn't be worth the expense.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts