MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
I would say.

Oversteered in the wet on a roundabout, and then side swiped road funiture.

IE Kerb. crash barrier, streat signs.

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
Nothing misleading about the ebay entry then? Title
2000 Rover MGF 1.8 Bonnet Bumper Headlamps*
and a note at the end of the description of
*This auction is for a picture of the car which will be sent via e-mail, This auction is not for the bonnet bumper and headlamps
Cant be sure, but it looks like Leather and alcantara seats in the pictures.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Wonder if theres a proud owner of a wheel some where wondering what happened to the rest of his car

Wonder if the wheel's smoking like the proverbial set of boots.............

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By the look of that, the seller is trying to trick people into buying something more than its worth! Especially given that we can just cut and paste the picture from Ebay!

Can someone ask him if he is actually selling car parts?
I only posted it cause it looked like an interesting crash..

EDIT.
I think I've figured it out... Its an advert! They're breaking the car, and the actual auction is just to bring attention to it. If anyone bids, all they'll recieve is a picture by email! :idea:

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
By the look of that, the seller is trying to trick people into buying something more than its worth! Especially given that we can just cut and paste the picture from Ebay!

I only posted it cause it looked like an interesting crash..

neee hes advertising hes a scrappy & has an F , they all do it on ebay, hes just decided sell a picture of an F instead of a wheel nut like the other guys.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
looks similar to what happend to me in my Clio, the car has collided with a crash barrier probably on a motorway and the wheel got caught in one of the uprights pulling it completely off the car.

In my case it bent everything into the boot pretty much!!

And you will see a lot of these auctions on eBay breaking MG's with a tel number for parts but just auctioning a wheel nut to get it on eBay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts