MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the scrappy today looking for some bits and discovered a jacking kit in the boot of a wrecked 75.
As I am hoping to pick up a spare 16" union at some time and ditch the can of mr whippy I bought it for £7 which I thought was ok.

Its in good condition in the black foam liner but I am not sure what should be present, pretty sure it is not complete.

It has:
Jack
Cranking handle
towing eye
Knob for anchoring wheel to floor (with a black plastic spinner?)

Have added the wheel bolt tool from my kit.

Anything missing?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
SimonB said:
Was at the scrappy today looking for some bits and discovered a jacking kit in the boot of a wrecked 75.
As I am hoping to pick up a spare 16" union at some time and ditch the can of mr whippy I bought it for £7 which I thought was ok.

Its in good condition in the black foam liner but I am not sure what should be present, pretty sure it is not complete.

It has:
Jack
Cranking handle
towing eye
Knob for anchoring wheel to floor (with a black plastic spinner?)

Have added the wheel bolt tool from my kit.

Anything missing?
Thats all I have Simon and mines still cling filmed with a split in for the locking nut to go in. At least I can't remember anything else in there.

Ken

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Rolly Coaster said:
I also have a double ended screwdriver & a wheel chock that is in two halves and rotates about itself to save space.
Where's mine? Why haven't I got one of those? :mad: :lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ask around some of the ghetto areas of Brum, they'll probably tell you that what you should have in the car-jacking kit is a brick (for smashing the drivers window), a gun (for threatening said driver), gloves (so you don't scratch your hands on broken glass, and eliminate fingerprints) and either a hoodie or balaclava.

Or am I getting my car-jacking confused? :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure on the screwdriver but as far as I know the chocs were tourer only. Hmmm, chocs an accessory in a tourer, that will keep the wife happy :D

·
Registered
mgb
1,452 Posts
karlm said:
Not sure on the screwdriver but as far as I know the chocs were tourer only. Hmmm, chocs an accessory in a tourer, that will keep the wife happy :D
It's mentioned in the tourer handbook supplement - to remove the rear light units ........use the flat-bladed screwdriver (supplied in the tool kit)............

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Does any one have an mk2 75 or ZT? How on earth are you meant to change a bulb at the back? I have a cut out with a door so I can change the bulb but Ian off here when his bulb blew had to unclip the carpet trim form the boot!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Alex30013k said:
Does any one have an mk2 75 or ZT? How on earth are you meant to change a bulb at the back? I have a cut out with a door so I can change the bulb but Ian off here when his bulb blew had to unclip the carpet trim form the boot!
Mk 1 Zed same as Ians, unclip the carpet trim.

MM

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
662 Posts
karlm said:
Not sure on the screwdriver but as far as I know the chocs were tourer only.
The handbook insists that a Tourer MUST be chocked on the opposite corner to the jack. I wondered why this didn't apply to the Saloon - maybe the extra weight, or are the jacking points different?

·
Registered
rover_75
69 Posts
karlm said:
No screwdriver but I have the chocs on a 2001 saloon.

Didn't have the clingfilm either, but thats rectified now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts