MG-Rover.org Forums banner

What part no CD changer for 03 R75 with Symphony

815 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  tapped 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Just picked up my lovely 2 yr old R75 (she's gorgeous) from the dealers and am after a CD changer for it. Can any of you wonderful people tell me :
a) what part no changer I need for one to go in the glovebox that will connect to a symphony H.U.
b) If the car should already be fitted with a lead
b) From where I need to remove bits to find if the lead to connect it up is present....

Thanks all!!!!!!!

Cheers

Tapped

#2 ·
tapped said:
Hi All,

Just picked up my lovely 2 yr old R75 (she's gorgeous) from the dealers and am after a CD changer for it. Can any of you wonderful people tell me :
a) what part no changer I need for one to go in the glovebox that will connect to a symphony H.U.
b) If the car should already be fitted with a lead
b) From where I need to remove bits to find if the lead to connect it up is present....

Thanks all!!!!!!!

Cheers

Tapped
Part number for the cd changer is XQE100430

The lead should already be in the car (but no guarantee:) ) Quickest way to find out is to remove the Symphony hu and see if the cd extension lead comes off the main lead. There is a how to by Rich posted here . Tho' it refers to the Harmony the procedure is the same.

Alternatively remove your whole glovebox (which you will have to do anyway to fit the changer) and you should see the lead on the right coming from behind the centre console. I posted the glovebox removal procedure in 2004 and will try to find it later for you.

hth

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.